Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG Piston

hey guys,

more of a should I/shouldn't I thread than a how to.

As some of you know my SPR is internally set up for a high ROF. It has Systema high speed helical gear set inside. What I am wondering is if it is worth getting one of the element (or other) Piston that has full metal teeth all the way down. As i run the gun generally on a 9.6 I was thinking this will make the gun last a lot longer internally.

I do run it on a variant of batteries. (7.2, 8.4, 9.6) but I mainly run the 9.6v.

Let me know your thoughts.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Re: AEG Piston

my opinion would be to stick with polymer piston teeth so that if something should go foul with your gearbox it would be a case of cleaning the mess and putting a new pistion in which would be cheaper than a new gearset, as metal teeth could damage you gearset should there be a jam or something...do you need a metal rack piston?
    ive been running 9.6 for over a year on my polymer piston and have no extra wear at all but i am using a typical spring no high fps or anything.
    back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

if it aint broke dont fix it...

different piston could add more problems than its worth with regards its length and aoe.

tms piston is the best piston. never broke one never will even on high speed setups 30 +

Comment

polymer piston all the way think of it as the mechanical fuse of the mech box if something goes wrong its normally a case clean the gear box out new piston away you go and +10 agreed on tm pistons ^^

Comment

rich knows about major gear box failure at one time ,

and stick with either polymer , or the first three metal teeth as they are the least to go ,
          and with yours rich , get onto matt and ask him what his " thoughts " are ......

of if can wait , i got 3 modify one coming in the post, one for my masada , one for m4 and one spare,

may do a team mate discount :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
          Working...
          X