looking for the best low noise gear set and motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for the best low noise gear set and motor

Hello guys and girls I'm after ur opinions on where I might find myself the best low noise gear set and motor . I can't stand the screech you get from cheap gears and motors. I'm aware that the motor and shiming are also a big parts of that screech so I went to eliminate it from all angles. I'm not looking for a huge increase in rof just to kill the noise. Recommendations on gears and motor will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Re: looking for the best low noise gear set and motor

SHS High torque with an ASCU or similar. As for gears I like the modify ones myself

Comment

Cool. Ive herd alot of good things about the shs high torque motor will definitely have a look. Ive not seen any modify gears around, is modify the brand name?

Comment

Modify is the brand name yeah. There are plenty of good gears around. However the noise is usually poor shimming not the sole fault of the gears themselves. I'm sure someone will be along tomorrow with some good advice.

Comment

Thanks for the advice will have a look into the gears.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Comment

allegedly helical gears are quieter than straight cut, might be worth looking into

Comment

The general consensus is to match your gears to your motor (SHS gears with an SHS motor etc). This means the pinion gear should be a perfect match for the rest of the gearset.

Helical, purely from what I've read, are quieter, but require spot-on shinning or you will run into issues.

A good example I was given was reverse gear in a car is straight cut, whereas the forward gears are helical. The noise is comparable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

menissan86 Find out more about menissan86
              Working...
              X