Ares FN Scar H tool stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares FN Scar H tool stuck

I have just got myself a second hand but in great condition scar and have undone the barrel release at the front of the weapon (this would be the gas block in life) which also acts as a tool to a just the hop up etc but I have got it stuck.

I can take the barrel out and put it back in no problem but can not get the tool back in to lock the barrel or get the tool out as a whole.

What am I doing wrong. I have tried pushing and pulling at every angle. Twisting it thur 360 degrees while pushing pulling. Shouting at it but still nothing.

Help me from being a mong

Re: Ares FN Scar H tool stuck

Are you sure its a tool? And meant to come off?

I know the vfc scar has a tool there, but i dont ever remember hearing that the ares did......

I did once did once do lots of research on the scars for when i first bought one..
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, it's just the WE and VFC models that have the star key tool hidden in the gas regulator.

Looking at the front of the rifle, you simply twist the regulator all the way clockwise, then it slides out.

Comment

Ok if this is ture I will stop trying to pull it out. But I can't get it back in to lock the barrel off. Will post pictures later when I get home

Comment

Pictures will help. Only taken the barrel assembly out of the WE, but if I recall correctly it's the star bolt to the rear of the RIS, embedded in the block nubs, then a star bolt in side and bottom RIS.

Comment

the black part will not come out or go back in to lock the barrel off

Comment

Did you pull that out?
              Dont think its meant to do that.. How did you get it that far out? You may of broke it in the process
              FOR SALE
              7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
              , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Well I have done it, had to remove the front flip sight and under that is a small allen key, under that is a spring with a single ball bearing which acts as a positional lock mech.
                me being excited when I first got it thought it was a key and as most of you rightly said the Ares does not have this (now I know).I must of pulled to hard and dislodged the ball bearing making it unable to go back in.

Now is back in correctly and the barrel locks in.

Cheers for you help guys

Comment

So, does the gas regulator act as a lock for the barrel assembly?

Comment

yes bud, on the Ares its only susposed to spin/click into two positions barrel unlock or lock.
                    as I didn't know and thought all Scar models where the same with the hop up key I pulled mine out and got it stuck

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slicke36 Find out more about Slicke36
                    Working...
                    X