Madbull Blue Hop Jamming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull Blue Hop Jamming

I'm having a bit of trouble when fitting a new blue hop rubber and nub to the Evo, BBs seem to be jamming in the hop unit even at zero hop? Any ideas?

Re: Madbull Blue Hop Jamming

Are you sure that its fitted correctly? Madbull blues are notorious for being very difficult to fit to certain barrels because of how thick and tight-a fit they are.
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Comment

Are you using the madbull nub too, by any chance?
      If so, They're a lot thicker & harder than other nubs (To the point that they'll apply hop even at their minimum setting; I never use MB nubs and always throw them in the bin as soon as I get them) and could be causing the problem.

Try installing the bucking without the nub and see what happens first of all, if it still happens then we can discuss other options.

Comment

Good answers here. I found madbull rubbers worked bast on madbull barrels. When you have barrel, rubber and chamber assembled, look down it with the hop turned all the way off. Check that the hop patch isnt protruding into the chamber, or it it is, its a tiny amount. Also check the feed lips are round and not pinched in anywhere around the side.
        Then i tend to turn the hop up and check that the patch is centred, and that the feed lips still remain round.
        If anything is wrong, take it apart and try again. Ive never found a science to installing hops and getting it right first time every time, but this way you can check its right before putting the whole gun together and shooting it.

Comment

I might just change the barrel to a madbull, the rubber was a fine fit but the nub was slightly bigger than thr original. I might give it one last go then jump in for a new barrel, I'm assuming madbull barrels are good?

Comment

They're okay; middle-of-the-road.
            Not brilliant, but not terrible.

Comment

Just been looking around, maybe its going to have to be a Prometheus

Comment

@hustle I disagree about Madbull barrels being middle of the road. Any test you can find will show that the difference between a madbull barrel and higher end barrels, like prometheus or PDI, isn't that great; especially when comparing to the improvement over stock. Having used both Madbull and prometheus barrels in rifles of different setups, I can honestly say that the difference in accuracy is far more down to how well set-up your rifle is, than the improvement the Prommy has over the Madbull. Have you used madbull barrels before and what makes you say they are middle of the road?

@OP If you are not willing to crack open your gearbox to make sure you have a perfect air-seal, and therefore consistent fps, then there is very little point buying a TBB in most cases. You would be throwing a £55-60 part at a rifle which wouldn't fully benefit from it-like upgrading your car to have racing tyres but still having a low-powered engine which negate the need for the most part.
                For sale:

-Splitting M4
                -MP5 Parts
                -MP7a1
                -M9 Magazine

Comment

I have yes; I currently have about 3 of them sat in my spares drawer.
                  They're nice enough to start off with, but I found that with time they just wouldn't perform as well as they did to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post
                    I have yes; I currently have about 3 of them sat in my spares drawer.
                    They're nice enough to start off with, but I found that with time they just wouldn't perform as well as they did to begin with.
                    I think you will find very few barrels which improve in performance after the first 500 rounds pal. In the same way that SS barrels like Prometheus are more prone to micro-scratches effecting BB path over time, a Madbull's inner coating will start to wear away a bit-both degrade over time.
                    For sale:

-Splitting M4
                    -MP5 Parts
                    -MP7a1
                    -M9 Magazine

Comment

Well let's put it this way, there is currently shs 13:1 gears, kanzen 8mm bearings, ASG ultimate poly piston head, ASG ultimate motor, ASG ultimate red piston, shs m100 spring, and standard cylinder/head/tappet plate. AOE has been corrected with a washer and the gearbox is near enough perfectly shimmed

Comment

I read some good reviews of zci stainless steel inner barrel
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by Nickos225 View Post
                          Well let's put it this way, there is currently shs 13:1 gears, kanzen 8mm bearings, ASG ultimate poly piston head, ASG ultimate motor, ASG ultimate red piston, shs m100 spring, and standard cylinder/head/tappet plate. AOE has been corrected with a washer and the gearbox is near enough perfectly shimmed
                          Not knocking your build pal, I'm sure it's very good, although having all of those shiny upgrade parts means very little unless they are set-up well. You can get the worst clone guns with rubbish stock parts in and have it shooting a more consistent fps than one with loads of aftermarket parts like yours has.

As I say, not trying to say your rifle is rubbish and wouldn't benefit from a TBB, I am saying that you would be wasting your money without having a very consistent fps and stabilized barrel (inner and outer) before you look at getting one.
                          For sale:

-Splitting M4
                          -MP5 Parts
                          -MP7a1
                          -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nickos225 Find out more about Nickos225
                          Working...
                          X