Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse or no fuse?

Hi all.
    I am nearly finished rewiring my TM g3 sg1. And am wondering do all you still have a fuse in your RIF? I've used new high temp silicon wire with deans connectors and will use LI-PO batteries, and it seems the weak point is the cheap fuse and fuse holder. Please advise if it will be ok to use without a fuse or give me the best way to incorporate a fuse in the wiring. Thanks for any help.

Re: Fuse or no fuse?

not for lipo mate, unless they are 30amp plus , as they will just trip and blow,

if you have upgraded your wiring you shold be fine ,

also in normal RIF's it is completly down to the user if he keeps it and just replaces them if blow , or bypass them ..

guard

Comment

Ironically, that's the point of a fuse. No matter what you're working on, at what ever quality level, the fuse is designed to be the single point of failure.

So, to protect all of your hard work, definitely incorporate a fuse.

If you're concerned, then a quality mosfet/controller with an electronic fuse is what you want, such as an Extreme Fire SW-Evolution.
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

E2A - even if it's a 50 amp fuse; with a high enough C rating even a 7.4V Lipo with a C rating of 20 could peak at over 30 amps easily. So you do need to add a workable margin, but if a Lipo goes in to fault (or any other fault) and starts providing 100 amps, then you can kiss your motor good bye, even if it doesn't all overheat and ignite.

It really depends on the specifics of your setup, but I'd always go for some form of over-current protection.
        Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
        Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Thanks for the answers folks. i will put a fuse in for peace of mind, i was thinking of a car flat fuse to save room i will try a 30amp fuse with a 7.4 lipo and see how that does...thanks again.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Yorkiebar Find out more about Yorkiebar
          Working...
          X