Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries , different connection's

Second question from me.

Purchased a 2nd battery as a spare and I've noticed the connections are different. Can they be changed easily or should I return it.
    I need the white connection type

Rubbish pic for reference

Re: Batteries , different connection's

Had another look and the seller also sell the same but with correct connections, so will contact them direct

Sorry for any time wasted

Comment

easy to change. cut it and either solder or recrimp a new one.

The red connector is called a deans connector (and is superior)
      the white is a Mini Tamiya
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        easy to change. cut it and either solder or recrimp a new one.

The red connector is called a deans connector (and is superior)
        the white is a Mini Tamiya
        I did think of that, would it be advantageous (big word) to convert my other battery to this style and also the on my rifle too or just change the connection on the single battery

Comment

in the long run it would be. but it isnt something that you NEED to do. i suspect it'd be easier to grab a new battery and return that one (i hope you kept its box, as you NEED to post it in its original packaging!)
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
            in the long run it would be. but it isnt something that you NEED to do. i suspect it'd be easier to grab a new battery and return that one (i hope you kept its box, as you NEED to post it in its original packaging!)
            Did a Google search and see the advantages, maybe a future upgrade .

Appreciate the time

Comment

Hi mate

The red one is a Deans connector and is far better than the white mini Tamiya one as it provides less electrical resistance and therefore ups your rate of fire by by about 2 or 3 RPS more, less resistance means that your battery does not have to work as hard so increases battery life during game, is a smaller and less cumbersome connector than mini tamiyas.

As for changing the AEG and battery from mini tamiya to deans you will need to cut the old connector off the gun and resolder the Male Deans connector to it and for the battery do exactly the same but obviously solder a female Deans, also when cutting the battery only cut one wire at a time not both as you may short the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Shizbazki View Post
                Hi mate

The red one is a Deans connector and is far better than the white mini Tamiya one as it provides less electrical resistance and therefore ups your rate of fire by by about 2 or 3 RPS more, less resistance means that your battery does not have to work as hard so increases battery life during game, is a smaller and less cumbersome connector than mini tamiyas.

As for changing the AEG and battery from mini tamiya to deans you will need to cut the old connector off the gun and resolder the Male Deans connector to it and for the battery do exactly the same but obviously solder a female Deans, also when cutting the battery only cut one wire at a time not both as you may short the battery.
                Thanks, exactly what I read up on.

I have contacted the seller and they will post me the tamiya ones and I will send them the dean's back free of charge .

But thanks for taking the time to right up for me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ryanmilton92 Find out more about ryanmilton92
                Working...
                X