Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC Scar-H (

Hi,

I've got a VFC Scar-H which has recently started firing at low FPS. I assumed that I would need to replace the hop rubber and I've done so, having no luck as the gun still fires are very low FPS. The rubbers seemed to have stretched when sliding the barrel and hop rubber back into the unit. The hop rubber I used was a Guarder 50 degree rubber and I used abbey silicone lube on the hop barrel and hop unit while re-assembling the unit. Has anyone got any suggestions for repairing the gun.

I would be happy to pay for the repairs on the gun if there are any nearby gun techs. (Northumberland/Tyne and Wear area)

Thanks in advance, Paul.

Re: VFC Scar-H (

I usually start with the cylinder compression and work my way forwards. You can do the tissue paper test without any disassembly. With the rifle upside down, place a small piece of tissue paper on the hop breech and fire a shot in semi. If the paper visibly shifts, your airseal is compromised due to a poor seal at the air nozzle/hop junction.

Comment

The hop rubber is a tight fit, you need to twist it as you insert it like a night at your girlfriends. Making sure the bottom rail is inserted into the slit in the barrel. If not dissemble the gear box and do a full compression test. Spring should be ok if the Fps was ok before.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Paul0139 View Post
        I used abbey silicone lube on the hop barrel and hop unit while re-assembling the unit.
        Did you get any inside the bucking? This can cause problrms, most notably shot inconsistency and lack of range. It shouldn't affect FPS, but handy to know all the same.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll take another look at it later on and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Took it to a game today and asked one of the guys there to have a look at it and it seemed to work fine. It seems like a temperamental problem?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paul0139 Find out more about Paul0139
            Working...
            X