Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompsons & Wood

Hi guys,

Picked myself up a CYMA Thompson last night for peanuts on special offer. Been wanting to get into WW2 Airsoft so noes the time.

The one I got is with plastic fake wood, and I'd like to look at swapping that out at some point.

Do real wood kits from real thompsons and surplus stores fit? I can't find much info other than old reviews, and searching about wood just brings up discussions about the fact that the king arms model has wood.

I'd imagine that the stock on the real deal wasn't hollow, but id love to be proven wrong!

Re: Thompsons & Wood

I have put on real wood grips and stock from real Thompsons on my King http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...31#post1379031
    It can be a bit of a ball ache but good results possible! Depends on the degree you want to go to and how skilled you are at woodwork. I fitted the easy release stock door to mine from the KA but a standard door would be less of an appearance change and pretty much a 'drop in' once the cavity is bored out enough for a battery.
    I have been using this playing at least one game a month since about August and have dropped it a couple times and only had one small crack appear where the hand grip was bonded together, glued up again and not noticeable.
    There is always a fifth Sherman!

Comment

Thanks. In the meantime I found a guide which confirmed what I thought. A lot of hollowing out needed. But I've found both stock and handguard for £30 so...

Comment

wood kits can be picked up quite cheap although the one which I have (which has shot you a few times ) is a very old CAW one.

It was normal for brits to have sling mounts on the side of the front hand guard and on the top of the rear stock. Made firing on the hip easier.

Good luck on the conversion or what ever happens. I have a Airbrone Uniform badged as 101st going spare if you need one cheap.

Stu

Comment

Cheers stu. Going to war and peace on 22nd so hoping to pick up all the remaining load bearing and pouches that I need there! Mags are a bugger for it though. And yes I've been shot by that thing quite a few times. Those 20rd mags you kept using as grenades didn't work so well though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
          Working...
          X