Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel and Hop up

Hello,

Recently my Ics has been firing bbs which curve downwards (I've tried all possible hop up settings) and doesn't reach very far (probably 25m) compared to my friends guns, after opening up the gun I've found that the hop up unit had been cracked. (I believe that this might be why) and so I'm thinking about upgrading some parts.

What would you say is the best tightbore and hop up combo for an ICS m4?

Also do you know any other explanations for such a short range and bb curvature?

Thanks

Re: Barrel and Hop up

Sounds like no hop is being imparted on the BB. B**gered hop up, worn bucking or missing nub would cause this. Remove the barrel from the rifle, look down it from the muzzle end while looking somewhere light. You should see the mound of the hop up clearly on full-hop.

Comment

Your ICS M4 Hop nub should be visible as it presses against the bucking.

Turning the wheel clockwise should show this:

DSC_0068.jpg

If you have turned the wheel fully and it can't go any further. Yet you still don't see the any visible change, then the nub may be missing.

To check for the nub, it should be visible here:

ICSM4Nub.jpg

If you can't see what looks like a cylindrical doughnut then the nub is missing.

BLOOD DRAGON Mk.IV STYLE / RELEASE THE DREMEL

Comment

Im not sure how compatible ICS guns are with different hop ups. Not very IIRC. You could try just replacing it with the ICS one again and see what that does?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NonPetch Find out more about NonPetch
        Working...
        X