Please help with my M16 and M4, both have the same problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with my M16 and M4, both have the same problem

Ok I dont know how to explain this. But recently and M4 and my M16 have had a similar problem. Sometimes on Semi auto they dont fire at all. On full auto it fires fine. Then when i switch it back to semi it works again. But after a while it stops working and I do the same thing and that gets it going. Took it to a retailer but guess what it was not playing up then, Sods Law and all that.

Its not the usual m4 problem with when on semi setting its firing on full auto.

Also the M16 is making a winding sound from the gearbox like after a burst on full auto the spring or something is resetting, difficult to describe.

My M16 is my pride and Joy but after spending over 600 quid (it started life as a JG a3 plastic) I have yet to get a days skirmish out of it as every time i take it out something else goes wrong then it spends months hidden away.
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Re: Please help with my M16 and M4, both have the same problem

the m16 problem is the anti reversal latch not working in the gearbox, after firing you stop and hear the gears winding ,this is caused by the reversal latch not locking the gears allowing the pressure of the spring to push the piston foward . the problem that can arise is if you pull the trigger whilst this is happening you can strip the teeth off the piston.
    the m4 locking on semi is a common problem on aeg guns, hold the trigger on semi until the cycle stops then fire again, not pulling the trigger fully for each shot can cause the trigger contact to open cutting power to the motor which only resets by switching to a short full auto burst
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

What he said ^^, plus if that doesn't work, it could just be that your semi components (specifically the cut off lever (better dope? )) are dirty and are sticking or not working properly because of it, cutting the power at the wrong time and so forth. Open up the box and give it a good clean.

Comment

so how do i sort the M16 out then, How would i fix the anti reversal switch thing?? could this have anything to do with the motor i have put in, it used to be a high torque G&P one that died so i put in a tm eg700 i had spare
        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap

Comment

Doubt it, unless it's pulling a really high power spring, in which it could case semi to cut off at the wrong place. That's complicated, I'll explain when it's not 2am.

ARL fix, have a look if it's in there, if so, maybe a stronger ARL spring, the one I pull out of a gun I did some work on was horrendously weak, and thus the ARL wasn't working, and the gun exhibited the same issues/noises as yours. But, yours sounds like it's just not in there, or the spring isn't positioned correctly.

Comment

just as the lads have said but i will point out you might have the 2 stop type of bevel gear and might be best swapping it for a 4 or 6 stop bevel so your AR latch will kick in sooner

as for the AR latch but you need to get the gearbox open again and as said make sure its there and to make sure its not worn

can i ask what you have done to the gearbox ? and how old that eg700 was as it might not be up to the task of pulling a hi-torque set up
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Actually I have done nothing to the gearbox apart from downgrade the spring from 450 fps to 350fps,
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap

Comment

Sounds quite likely that the AR latch is either not in there or the spring is in the wrong position, as mentioned by the guys above. It's quite common when you change the spring that everything kinda 'pings out' after opening the GB case.

IIRC the M16 is a V2 GB and if so then watching this vid should help you to diagnose the problem, paying particular attention to the AR latch reassembly (bottom left of the GB with the air nozzle facing right.)

3mins 36 secs into the video he shows what the anti-reversal latch is and how it should work.

http://www.mechbox.com/mechbox/v2-me...g-upgrade.html

Hope you get it sorted

Jay

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Beef Find out more about Beef
                Working...
                X