What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

Hello all, I've been disabling the blowback on my G&G tr416 gen 2 and when taking it apart this came out and I have literally no idea what it is or where it came from.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Re: What is this?

It looks like part of the selector. I've just had a look at the manual at the teardown and it seems to be Part no. TR16-04
    Here is the link to the manual http://www.guay2.com/web/manual/TR16_Manual.pdf

Untitled.jpg

TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock/TM G18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by RockHell View Post
      It looks like part of the selector. I've just had a look at the manual at the teardown and it seems to be Part no. TR16-04
      Here is the link to the manual http://www.guay2.com/web/manual/TR16_Manual.pdf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145167[/ATTACH]
      He is correct here

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm having a look at it now, unless I'm missing a bit there isn't a hole for the indicator on the adjacent side to the switch for it to fit into?

Comment

Hi mate.

On the gearbox shell on either side you should see an indented circle below the sector gear bearing hole, the cog with a few teeth fit on the left side of the gearbox shell (the lower shell when working on it) this actuates the fire selector plate (safety, semi and auto).

The part that you have has a pin that goes through the hole on the upper gearbox shell to the hook which then actuates another plate on the other side, all this mechanism does spin the fire mode black circle thing on the other side of the lower reicever to represent what fire mode you have chosen so you can see it on both sides of the gun.

Function wise so long as the small cog on the lower side of the shell remains intact you should be fine to go.

Also out of interest why did you disable the blowback feature on the gun? Because if you have i hope you changed the cylinder otherwise you will be suffering air compression issues.

Comment

Shit no, I was just told if you sealed the hole where the air comes through it would disable it. Should I just pit everything back together as it was and more importly will it work as per normal?

Comment

How you sealed the hole will depend if the gun is ok or not and whether it will have compression issues.

It you used a bit of tape over then it should be fine, also check to see if the cylinder has a hole on the bottom of it, if it does get a replacement cylinder without the hole as this apparently causes the gearbox to crack, how or why i don't know but have been told this by two different shops in London though its more of an MP5 problem than M4 model issue.
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...racked-gearbox

I don't know why you disabled it, alot of people think it will cause more wear on the gun but thats more for actual electric blowback guns, this is pneumatic and has a separate pneumatic tube system, under normal use it affects the gun very little though as you can see in the above post G&G has had to make sacrifices to make it work namely the spine on the back of V2 gearboxes.

Frankly i would have left it as it was blowback and all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

piersf Find out more about piersf
              Working...
              X