Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTC Chimera semi issue

Hey,

Need a little help for anyone who has a BTC Chimera for V2 and/or might know how to help solve the issue I'm getting please.

Hopefully I can explain this ok. Finished installing my 16:1 gears with an m110 spring with AOE corrected and I have a prelightned SHS piston, go to test gearbox in semi, semi is ok as long as I don't spam the trigger and leave a delay. Spam the trigger and after a few pulls it starts to double, triple and then almost full auto cycle (Fire mode is set to semi only, not semi-ramp).

Possible explanations I can think off as to why it's happening and ideas on what to try:

- Overspin issue - Sector switch on the trigger board is picking it up as more cycles and spinning quicker and quicker and the mosfets getting confused?
    - SHS high torque motor - too torquey? Adding to the overspin issue? Maybe try a balanced motor?
    - Maybe try short stroking a tooth or two to see if that helps? I haven't done it yet.
    - I have thought of using an m120 with short stroking but I can't run higher than 328fps so short stroking and using a m120 may not be feasible.

I'm probably missing some key information. Any ideas or suggests would be welcomed.

Re: BTC Chimera semi issue

I've had similar issues. Make sure and shim the sector low enough that it's fully tripping the cut off switch.

Comment

Re: BTC Chimera semi issue

[edit] Thanks ChuckNorris56, I was typing out my reply when you suggested that. That ended up being the issue. Didn't even think to check that, was running about thinking of different reasons as to what it could have being.

After a lot of head scratching, it turns out something silly and I never thought of it. Sector gear just seemed to be just slightly too high and must not have being connecting the cut off switch properly on the board. Shimmed it a little lower and it seems for the time being to have sorted the issue.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bop Find out more about bop
      Working...
      X