Why is my gun shooting at a lower FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my gun shooting at a lower FPS

So when i first got my combat machine it should have been shooting at around 330 fps but when i got it chrono'd at my regular field, it was only shooting 190. This led me to get the gun serviced, when it came back from the service, they said it was shooting spot on 350, but again i took it to my regular site and it chronoed around 280. What is wrong with it, Its not the chrono being off cause i can see it has a lot less range than my friends who have the same gun. Thanks in advance.

Re: Why is my gun shooting at a lower FPS

First thing I'd do is get a second opinion, I.e. try another chrono, the range issues compared to your mates could be something as simple as your hop setup being wrong, OR it could be the guys servicing it are telling porkies.

Comment

Hi mate, as the above said, get a good chrono first as a second opinion. I would recommend the Xcoretech brand as that what most fields use though failing that nay chrono will do. If you cant afford a Chrono then use the poor mans chrono but i hope you like fizzy drinks because you will have to drink a lot of them.

Remember always use 0.20g BBs as most fields use this as the standard weight.

Comment

Ok, i just fired 5 0.2g bbs at 5 different cans (i drink lots of coke) and none of them went through, only making small holes in one side. so from this im guessing it shoots lower than 290?

Comment

Hmm yup, at 330FPS it should at least penetrate one side of the can, hop of not it seems you have an FPS issue!

Before you start tearing your gun open try this, get a small piece of paper say 1cm by 1cm, turn your gun upside down and look down the mag well where BBs go in, place the piece of paper over this hole and shoot in semi a few times. If you have a good Air Seal between the hop up and gearbox the paper should barely move, if you have a bad air seal the paper should fly up in your face.

Of course ensure that the gun is fully unloaded with BBs and point the gun in a safe direction

Comment

coke can test is a waste of time. never use it. and i'm amazed people still try it and recommend it!

Get a chrono done elsewhere, with either an xcortech or a skan.

a lot of sites use the little madbull ones still that read horrifically inaccurately.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Are you 100% sure that the most recent chronoing was done with 0.2g BBs?

Unless the chrono was one of the horrible Madbull ones, it is unlikely that it would be that far out, so the likelihood is that you have a problem with the gun. However, get it chrono'd again just to check. If it is still low, get back to the people who serviced it, explain the problem to them and get them to sort it out.

Comment

I too agree that the coke can test is unreliable at best however it is a quick and simple method, he has done five shots at five different cans and none penetrated, after trying this test a few times myself when i got into airsoft i just though sod it and bought an Xcoretech X3200.

I will also agree that the Madbull buts ones are that "a load of bull", after recieving my G&G HK 416 with a stupid certificate from another company (who shall remain nameless) stating that they chrono'd it using ASG Blaster .2g BBs on a Madbull Chrono at 355FPS when in actual fact using the exact same BBs (brand and weight) on my X3200 and my local stores both reporting 375FPS I would say Madbull Chronos are crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Shizbazki View Post
                  I too agree that the coke can test is unreliable at best however it is a quick and simple method, he has done five shots at five different cans and none penetrated, after trying this test a few times myself when i got into airsoft i just though sod it and bought an Xcoretech X3200.

I will also agree that the Madbull buts ones are that "a load of bull", after recieving my G&G HK 416 with a stupid certificate from another company (who shall remain nameless) stating that they chrono'd it using ASG Blaster .2g BBs on a Madbull Chrono at 355FPS when in actual fact using the exact same BBs (brand and weight) on my X3200 and my local stores both reporting 375FPS I would say Madbull Chronos are crap.
                  was the nameless company airsoft w0rld?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
                  Are you 100% sure that the most recent chronoing was done with 0.2g BBs?

Unless the chrono was one of the horrible Madbull ones, it is unlikely that it would be that far out, so the likelihood is that you have a problem with the gun. However, get it chrono'd again just to check. If it is still low, get back to the people who serviced it, explain the problem to them and get them to sort it out.
                  yep 0.20g 100%. the gun ahs been chronoed with 2 different chronos as i remember the site bought a new one so im pretty sure its shooting around 280.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Shizbazki View Post
                  Hmm yup, at 330FPS it should at least penetrate one side of the can, hop of not it seems you have an FPS issue!

Before you start tearing your gun open try this, get a small piece of paper say 1cm by 1cm, turn your gun upside down and look down the mag well where BBs go in, place the piece of paper over this hole and shoot in semi a few times. If you have a good Air Seal between the hop up and gearbox the paper should barely move, if you have a bad air seal the paper should fly up in your face.

Of course ensure that the gun is fully unloaded with BBs and point the gun in a safe direction
                  ill have to try that when i get bqack to the UK, what needs to be done if the air seal is bad?

Comment

Hi

It wasn't ******* ***** but another company (cant mention as its Zeroin Forums).

Have ago at the paper thingy over the BB hole and report back, trying to pin down where the air compression issue is before we go opening a gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

maximo17000 Find out more about maximo17000
                    Working...
                    X