Madbull ultimate hop unit = Jams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull ultimate hop unit = Jams

Hopefully my first post will go off with a bang, anyways after I finally finished my DMR build on a standard CM16 raider till the only stock parts were the gb shell and the motor grip I decided to get a Madbull hop unit with a JBU 70 degree bucking and a python 509mm barrel. But basically the air nozzle retracts fully but cannot push the BB far enough through the hop rubber, so I tried the stock G&G green one and it did the same, I tried the stock unit and barrel and it works like a dream. Any suggestions?

Re: Madbull ultimate hop unit = Jams

i have one and gave up on it ,they seem to work on some gun's and not other's

Comment

Yeah I heard they're iffy but it came with my receiver, can't be barrel cause that works with stock unit, so it must be hop but zeroone got that working too, also Madbull unit worked with the included bucking

Comment

I know madbull hop rubbers tend to be on the tight side so it might make sense that there hop units are also built to be a bit tighter, Ive used one in a AR10 dmr build with a combination of different hop rubbers, a SHS clear and Guarder clear both kept jamming, a Guarder black gave terrible FPS results and a Madbull Blue gave a consistant 420fps :/ bit strange really! there hop units are good just need to find the right combo.

Comment

I've had one and as said above, they are a bit hit and miss. It sat in a drawer for a couple of years until I tried it out in a build I was working on at the time and it actually worked lovely, but yeah, hit and miss.
          In all honesty, a hop unit is about the least critical component to upgrade. The only reason I'd ever replace one is if for some reason it wasn't holding it's setting (which I have experienced once).
          My own opinion now, voiced by others to me in the past and born out of experience is mixing and matching brands is often a cause of trouble. for feeding, the best answer is to match the brand of the bucking and the nozzle. Then you can be sure they are designed to go together and you'll get good feeding, air seal and consistency.

Comment

I've only ever heard of it working with a 100% mad bull set up. Unit, barrel, rubber, and nub

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thericefarmer I'd sell my nan for a maccies Find out more about thericefarmer
            Working...
            X