TM SCAR lock up issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM SCAR lock up issue.

Hi folks I need a bit of help with this.

My TM SCAR locked up, the sector gear lost a tooth which jammed up the gear box.
    I have owned it from new for nearly two years and it has had plenty of use in that time so thought I would upgrade the internals.
    I fitted a set of Prometheus normal torque gears, Prometheus piston/piston head and an M90 spring.

I took my time and shimmed the new gear set and aligned the motor.

It will fire a few shots on single or maybe around 10 or so shoots on full auto but then the gearbox will stop with the spring compressed at anywhere between 50 and 90%, it will not complete the cycle, it is running on a 7.4v Li-Po, when it does stop firing the battery wires get hot.

I removed the recoil parts to rule them out and I get the same issue with these parts removed.

If I remove the motor and manually wind the gears the spring will compress fully and complete a cycle OK.

Anyone any ideas where I may be going wrong?

Re: TM SCAR lock up issue.

Did you use gears and springs designed specifically for recoils?
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Yes, all parts used are for TM recoils.

Comment

Update on this, I stripped down the gear box again to look for an signs of an issue.

I did not find anything, but when I put it back together it seemed to work a lot better, fired (10 - 15 cycles) 5 times on full auto and at least 50 times on single and then the fuse went.

I do not have any of the fuses so will need to get some today, I still think there is an issue, just not sure where?

Comment

If its blowing a fuse, there must be something wrong.

Sadly im not to sure once it comes to recoils... Always send mine off to a tech
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

i suspect that something is shimmed or aligned incorrectly. fuse going means the motor is getting stopped, or slowed noticeably by force.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Thanks for the feed back, I was thinking that the load on the motor was causing the issues I was starting to think the motor was at fault, the shimming feels good but I will start again with that.

Comment

Shimming. If I ever have any gearbox problems, I video the gun firing. Film the nozzle too, and if you have slo mo, film it in that too. It makes it much easier to see what the gun is doing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cpmcl Find out more about cpmcl
                Working...
                X