G36 feeding issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 feeding issues

Hi guys I'm struggling with my g36 ATM and need some help, the rifle will fire fine on fully auto and semi just as long as it has no more than 25 round in the mag any more and it just won't feed or will double feed I'm totally at a loss with this now any help will be appreciated thanks!

Re: G36 feeding issues

Has it been apart before? or had any parts changed?
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

i suspect that theres an issue with the strength of the spring in the midcaps. if i remember, its to do with the tappet plate, i suspect someone slightly more versed will pop along shortly
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Hi yes I've done a few bits to it it has a shs hop unit, shs air nozzle and a couple of other bits and pieces, I have opened it up quite a few times. I've checked the tappet and it seems fine the nozzle will still move forward and back and the nozzle pushes into the hop unit fine. I've used king arms mid caps and a src high cap same problem in both

Comment

Did you keep the stock cylinder head? and what brand of G36 is it?
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Yes stock cylinder head it's an src gen 3

Comment

The SRC G36 uses a slghtly different chamber system to the marui Spec, as such the Mag well is also different internally.
              If you are running a Marui spec chamber (which the SHS/Prowin version is) with the SRC mag well then you will end up with feeding issues.

dsgdreamteam

Comment

Yes sorry I should've also said I've swapped out the mag well for a Tm magwell to allow for the use of the shs hop unit. I've kept all these parts so I've also re installed the stock hop unit/magwell and also a new barrel and hop rubber, the problem continues. To me this helps eliminate the hop unit barrel bucking and magwell as the problem but I might be wrong!

Comment

It would be worth trying out the stock SRC nozzle instead (has o-rings if its gen 3). If there is play between the SHS nozzle and the stock SRC cylinder head, then feed tension can affect nozzle alignment (play) and subsequently the seal between that and the hop bucking lip. The stock SRC Gen 3 cylinder head is also the long type nozzle version which further supports the air nozzle when its forwards, so the play could be in the difference of spec between the two brands. It doesn't nescessarily have to have an air leak to be the wrong size.

Other things that could affect alignment are if the rear hex bolt (accessible when the stock is folded) is too tight causing the nozzle to rub on the top of the chamber - tappet spring tension maybe sufficient to overcome this alone, but maybe not when aided by the upward bias of the feed tension of a fully loaded magazine.
                  Last edited by sj_asc; 29 July, 2015, 19:45.
                  dsgdreamteam

Comment

I've checked the nozzle and the fit is great no lateral movement. I'll try the rear bolt to see how that helps, out of curiosity can the tappet spring ever be too strong?

Comment

The marui Spec chamber has a sprung alignment guide right before the bucking as seen here. I have chopped away part of an old broken chamber so that you can see how it works.

Does yours have this?

In aid to this, if the shs nozzle has a different taper profile to the stock SRC nozzle, it's possible that even being slightly lifted by the feed tension that it could meet the tip of the bucking lip and fold rather than to seal.

Other things to look out for are;
                      * FPS - When you are getting shots to feed, how does the FPS compare with the original part?
                      * Is the chamber correctly sprung?
                      * Cylinder head definitely isn't damaged? (I have had to repace a few gen 3 blue aluminium heads from stock where the nozzle has bent/started to break away)
                      * Is there any difference in results from using different hop settings?
                      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks! Yes it does have this part. The Fps when the shots do feed seem to be consistent I've managed to get a pretty good airseal from the parts. I take it when you say is the chamber sprung you mean the hop unit to the gearbox? If so yes there is a constant force pushing the hop unit to the gearbox. No I've checked and re checked the cylinder head and I can see and damage. No there is no difference using different hop settings or even a different hop unit all together

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I would try to use a slightly weaker chamber spring (the tiny nozzle guide spring) as that is also something that the main tappet spring has to overcome in addition to feed tension.
                          dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pidge2071 Find out more about Pidge2071
                          Working...
                          X