Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM P90 TR Upgrades?

Hi there

Could someone spec me some upgrades for my TM P90 TR please?

Like new metal brushes, springs and so on? I would like to increase my FPS if all possible. I play CQB but hoping to get outside in the field soon.

I been researching for a few days and read what others have done but still confused. One question I should ask, what is so good about deans? From what I read, it slows down your fire rate or am I wrong about that?

I'm currently using it as stock with a normal Vapex 8.4v batteries.

Thanks for the help.
    sigpic

Re: TM P90 TR Upgrades?

Deans connectors reduce the electrical resistance compared to Mini Tamiya connectors. This means more power to the motor which actually increases the rate of fire - very slightly to be fair. Tamiya connectors can be crimped with a pair of pliers but Deans need to be soldered.
    Metal bushes will have no noticeable effect but are fairly essential upgrade for reliability in any uprated gearbox.
    The key to higher fps is brute force. Generally, you need to upgrade the spring - this will reduce your rate of fire slightly. However, you can make things more efficient which will keep the gun sweet.
    A tightbore barrel will increase fps by around a couple of percent - you can get up to about 5% more with a 6.01 but they tend to be more expensive. Getting the combined piston/piston weight as low as possible will bring your rate of fire back up. A bearing spring guide is a good idea but you can get away without bearings in the piston - while a good idea they add weight to the piston which is never a good thing and as long as you're keeping it under say 350fps you'll be fine.
    I've had a TM tri-rail for years and it's been dismantled, fiddled with and reassembled more times than I like to think about
    My own runs at 320fps and turns out a fairly mild 22/23 rounds per second on a 9.9v LiFe battery.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
    It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

IronWarrior Find out more about IronWarrior
    Working...
    X