Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification of King Arms 110rnd Sten Mags

Hi all,

I've just purchased a box of 5 King Arms MP40 mags, which are supposed to be compatible with both the ASG MP40 and Sten AEGs. Unfortunately, they don't fit into the mag well of my ASG Sten, and stick out by a few millimeters. Online I can see that a few people have had this problem, and say it can be fixed with a 'small modification' on the magazines, but I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me what this modification might be.

Does anyone have experience with these mags, or know which bits I need to alter to get them to fit?

Thanks muchly for any assistance

Re: Modification of King Arms 110rnd Sten Mags

I use them - there is a mod, but you do not need it. It's just a case that they are initially a tight fit. Give the end of the mag a bang with your hand and it'll push in - after a few times they'll go in no problems.

Am I able to ask where you got your mags from (pm me) as I'm after some more.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Tried whacking them in a few times, but they just weren't fitting, so I took the thing apart and figured out the issue. The bit at the end of the feed on the magazines (which presses back against a spring to release the BBs into the chamber); the King Arms magazines have a straight edged piece, whereas the AGM ones are diagonal. I carved these down to an angle so they'd slide back when pressed into the gun's feed, and now they fit. Tightly, and they need a bang to fit in, but they all fit, so problem solved.

(Just incase anyone else has this issue)

I'll PM you where I got the mags from as well.

Comment

I'm using an ASG MP40 and a Sten and the mod you made to the little sprung tab on the mag which hold the BBs back is what I did. This tab wasn't retracting enough to allow the mag to fit properly over the feed tube in the mag well.
        ... PLUS, I added a small chamfer to the outside edge of the mag well feed tube. This small angled edge, which mates up with the mod on the actual mags, means that all my mags now fit perfectly, and easily.
        Only a small 'realistic' tap is now needed to get them to click into place. A small dab of silicone lube on the tabs every now and then and they're staying sweet.
        I wouldnt recommend the 'give em a bang' option unless you want to crack your hop up unit!
        If you are having any problems with the mags falling out of the MP40, I have a simple mod to fix that also.
        Cheers,
        Dan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Greg147 Find out more about Greg147
        Working...
        X