Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEGs and Ambidextrous Fire Selectors

Hi All,

To give a bit of context, I've recently spent a lot of time, and money, upgrading my M4 to get it just to how I want it (G&P Satan motor, Guarder M100 spring, SHS 13:1 gears, Ultimate gearbox shell, G&P DBAL, G&P RIS II, BTC Spectre 'fet) but there's just one thing, at least in my mind. As you can probably tell from the title, that one thing is the addition of a ambi selector.

I've done a bit of research online but I can't find anything conclusive enough that points towards anyone doing it/a complete guide as to what it would take to make it work. Obviously I need the ambi selector itself but as my research has potentially pointed out, do I also need the correct gearing as to allow for the ambi selector connecting arm to connect to the left side fire selector?

In essence, I'm curious to know if anyone has done anything like this before and wouldn't mind sharing some advice as to what it takes to make it work?

Thanks!

Re: AEGs and Ambidextrous Fire Selectors

You need something like the fore selector parts pack off a VFC PDW. It's consist of 2 fire selectors, and 4 gears. You would need to make indents in the gearbox shell for the gears to sit in, possibly drill a hole through the shell because one of the gears has an axle on it. thats the only ambi body I've taken to bits so I don't know how other manufacturers do it. To me it seems overly complicated but there must be a reason for it.

Essentially left hand fire selector had a gear on it, that moves a gear below it with an axle on it which in turn has a gear on the other end of the axle on the right hand side of the box. That then moves the 4 gear on the right hand side fire selector.

Comment

Re: AEGs and Ambidextrous Fire Selectors

That sounds like an absolute nightmare, and I even consider myself fairly competent when it comes to taking about AEG gearboxes

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

obious Find out more about obious
      Working...
      X