Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Europe 5RC Badger - Replacement Gearbox / Parts needed

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to the ******* *****, i've played 3 games with WE Europe 5RC Badger however today i was testing aligning my sight and the trigger stayed pressed in

Opening the gearbox up there was broken teeth everywhere jamming the trigger, i can only assume either the parts are cheap or it just can't handle 11.1v battery.
    IMG_1820.jpg

I would like some advice if possible:
    1. Which complete gearbox to buy to replace this (i do not know what spring it currently uses)
    2. What gears to buy which are better quality.

I'd prefer buying a new gearbox in the short term as i'm not sure i can put it back together, but i will try in the long term to fix the broken gearbox so i have a spare.

Any help much appreciated.

Re: WE Europe 5RC Badger - Replacement Gearbox / Parts needed

To be honest, the 11.1V battery was probably the reason for the failure; most stock gearboxes will die rather quickly with an 11.1V battery powering them.

I believe the Badger takes a standard v2 gearbox, so you have plenty of choice on the Zero One website.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply colin, which gears would i be looking at to replace these?

Comment

It's likely a combination of the setup running too fast (11.1v) for that spring rate , and over shoddy internal parts quality, something not new to Ares. The bevel gear's spur drive component is the flawed part in most AEGs, so to have teeth go further up the gear train in a sure indication of crude quality/poor choice of materials.

Thankfully replacements are available, and in this case even some of the cheapest ACM gears will be a be a significant improvement over stock.

What is your budget?
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

price is not a problem just need it to be reliable and last much more than 3 games :P

If you could give me a few options that would be awesome.

I also need it to stay at around its FPS as the MALL nearly didn't let me play due to it firing at 341, but i do not know which spring it currently uses.

Comment

Bottom end, cheapest gears that are half decent that I can recommend are JG Steel.
            Other than that, SHS, though sets from 18:1 all the way down to 12:1 are best paired with a 9 tooth bevel gear at the expense of slightly higher ratio. Or if these are hard to find, at least a more robust bevel gear such as the new type G&G, or KWA.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also suggest dropping the 11.1v, unless you run a slower motor or upgrade and modify further parts and run a FET in the loom.
            If you can get away with it, a large 9.6v will be plenty fast enough in most setups and will be a lot safer to run without modification.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Ok many thanks, i will order a v2 gearbox and motor as a quick fix then try fix the old one with new gears.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fairlights Find out more about Fairlights
              Working...
              X