Tm m14 , need help - bad hop or low compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm m14 , need help - bad hop or low compression

I have a tm m14, its my first rifle and I received it second hand.

I have read about this specific rifle and it should be shooting around 310 out the box with easily around 100ft with good hop adjustment.

When playing I am having to aim up just to try and hit people, this site is fairly close quarters as well, outside ofcourse but I'm struggling to hit people from 50-60 feet away, and the pellets are quite slow compared to everyone elses. The hop is also strange as no matter what I do the pellets want to go Down after around 40 ft

I also charged the battery the other day and a friend pointed out it may be on its way out, as it was getting rather hot.

So would it be the hop? The compression or the battery? Any help would be appreciated !!

Re: Tm m14 , need help - bad hop or low compression

First of all, you really need to chrono it, that will tell you if you have a compression/airseal problem.

If the FPS is low, you then need to find out where the problem is; start with the nozzle/hop unit seal by placing a small piece of paper over the BB feed nozzle and firing the gun without a BB in the hop. If the paper flicks up in the air, you have found an air leak between the air nozzle and the hop unit. Change the hop rubber, or check that the current one is seated properly and not torn, and try again.

If the paper does not flip up, then the air leak is at either the air nozzle/cylinder head interface, the cylinder head/cylinder interface or the piston head. To check these you will need to open up the gearbox and take out the air nozzle, cylnder head, cylinder and piston. With these all assembled, put a finger over the air nozzle and try pushing the piston in, if it is easy to push, you have an air leak! Take off the air nozzle and try again, covering the tube on the cylinder head with your finger. If it is very hard to push the piston in, the leak was between the air nozzle and the cylinder head; if it is still easy, the leak is either the cylinder head o rings or the piston o rings. check them and, if they seem ok, grease them up and try again.

If the FPS is ok, check that the hop is ok and that all the parts are present.

Alternatively, take it to your local tech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kylezigg Find out more about kylezigg
    Working...
    X