Some advice is needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice is needed

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible, my new acog arrived this morning so I thought I'd try it out on my VFC416 (fyi looks amazing) and loaded up 10 rounds into my magazine (PTS EPM) and noticed a few things straight off the bat. First on single shot the weapon double and sometimes triple fires, not sure if this is the magazine or the rifle itself. Following on from that, quite abysmally I only scored one out of ten hits (keep the laughing down at the back) due to my rounds curling off to the right, admittedly it is fairly windy today. So any suggestions on how to correct this? Currently using 0.20g BB's even though I initially planned on 0.23 or 0.25 but didn't due to no internal upgrades..yet. I should add my hop is set to what seems alright (aside the curve to the right) and the weapon hasn't yet been skirmished in the field, nor has she had anything done internally and runs on a 8.4 nimh 1600mah.

If it'll help with ideas once I've taken her out for a spin I'd like her mainly shooting single shot so nice snappy trigger response (i'd prefer to not use full auto unless I have too), 340-345 fps and with as much range and accuracy as possible, so with that in mind any suggestions especially if it'll correct the above issues. With the double and triple feeding if its a magazine fault any magazine suggestions? I went with PTS EPM due to them being recommended for the 416 and e-mags being hard to come by these days.

Ok not so brief but you get the jist of my query so thanks for reading.
    Here we stand and here shall we die, unbroken and unbowed, though the very hand of death itself come for us, we will spit our defiance to the end!

Re: Some advice is needed

This I come across with my pistols and is usually the hopup being wound up to far. I would clean the gun and then reset the hopup (I wind the hopup to fully off to clean the barrel without damaging the rubber). If I wind the hopup too close to its max setting, it would miss its first shot then fire 2 bbs and keep repeating till the hop was reduced.

The curling of to the right seems to indicate the hop is wound up too far.

You seem to be using some aftermarket PTS EPM mags. Try the rifle's original mag and see if it does the double feed with that one. If it does then the problem lies in the hopup. Lower the amount of hop which should stop the problem.
    If it does not double feed with the standard mag then it could be the PTS ones causing the issue.

If it'll help with ideas once I've taken her out for a spin I'd like her mainly shooting single shot so nice snappy trigger response (i'd prefer to not use full auto unless I have too), 340-345 fps and with as much range and accuracy as possible, so with that in mind any suggestions especially if it'll correct the above issues. With the double and triple feeding if its a magazine fault any magazine suggestions? I went with PTS EPM due to them being recommended for the 416 and e-mags being hard to come by these days.
    I can't quite tell what you mean by this. Are you wanting the rifle to fire at 340-345 with good range and accuracy and crisp trigger response?

If so, the VFC has a out of box fps of 315-320. For 340-350 fps you will need a new M100 spring for AEG's. this will help give you better range.

For accuracy you will need to look at getting a higher quality hop bucking and a tightened inner barrel.
    The hop bucking I would consider the madbull 60 series they are very good and I have them in both my rifles.

With yours being a 416 I think the barrel would be 363mm long and preferably you would go for a 6.03 - 6.01. Be aware that a tighter barrel will also result in slightly high fps.

For the trigger response I would suggest a new motor, possibly a high speed one but I am not sure, either a 9.6V battery or switch to a 11.1V Lipo, and definately a MOSFET system.
    A high speed motor should decrease the gearboxes cycle time and coupled with a high voltage battery will make it cycle really fast reducing the time gap between trigger pull and bb release. This will cause extra stress on the gearbox wearing it out quicker.
    The MOSFET is a bit of circuitry that will help regulate the electrical system from the battery to the gearbox. Most available MOSFET's are programmable so you could limit your gun to single shot and 2 round burst. This is how I have mine set at present.

I currently run as my main rifle an L85 that runs at 346fps, is programmed (via a MOSFET) for safe/semi/2rd burst with full auto after 1 second trigger hold and 6 second reload delay after 90rds (I run 100rd midcaps) and can hit a constant torso target at 50m.

It has the following mods:

Madbull 6.01 509mm inner barrel
    M100 spring (custom heat treated giving a ultra constant 346 fps)
    madbull 60 degree red hop bucking for AEG's
    Kiong Kong programmable MOSFET
    Systema High speed motor
    8.4V 4600mah Nimh battery

Hope this (long winded) stuff helps
    Last edited by Mearcat; 7 October, 2015, 00:54.

Comment

Right my posts do come across as a ramble (my mind is a beautiful thing) but to sum up yes I'd like 340 ideally on the FPS front and some shit hot accuracy (as well as can get with a rifle firing plastic balls) I've looked at prommy barrels and prowin hop and an ascu gen 4. Its also been suggested that I put a Infinite CNC U-30K Motor in there.

Onto you original comments, I've not actually tried the magazine that came with, I'll give that a try and go from there. Thanks for the tips.
      Here we stand and here shall we die, unbroken and unbowed, though the very hand of death itself come for us, we will spit our defiance to the end!

Comment

Use heavier bbs. .2gs are for cheap springers, grenades and rentals. Try some .28gs

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wolflord Find out more about Wolflord
        Working...
        X