G&G/ARMY L85 Ris Rail Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G/ARMY L85 Ris Rail Information

I own an ARMY L85 of which I have a custom built 4600mah battery in the standard handguard that needs replacing. I am thinking about updating to a Lipo battery but I need some information regarding the rail unit so I can search for a battery that will fit in the available space as I plan on getting one in the future. I am aware that Lipo's will be the battery type to fit.
    Also I would like to stay away from the battery box/PEQ routine as I have tried that on another rifle and don't want to repeat it.

I would like to ask if any member that has the RIS unit, if they could supply me with the measurements in, mm, as shown in the simple diagram along with the length from back edge to the gas block.

I have searched everywhere for this information to no avail.

l85ris.jpg

Regards

Andy.

Re: G&G/ARMY L85 Ris Rail Information

Hi I don't have a ris but I got a g&g l85 upper gearbox that I have no use for

Comment

Managed easily to fit a WE Lipo 7.2 in the space with the fuse still in place.
      I take it you are going to fit a Daniel Defence rail. My L85 is an ICS but should matter not.

And thanks for a proper drawing. Will measure if no one beats me to it.
      But what I did was nip down to my local friendly Airsoft retailer and ask wether I could 'play' very carefully with some lipos.
      sigpic
      "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

I take it you are going to fit a Daniel Defence rail
        Plan too, but need to get the batteries first.

My L85 is an ICS but should matter not.
        It won't matter as I think the only difference is the barrel adaptor that mounts near the trigger (don't know for sure as I haven't got one yet).

And thanks for a proper drawing. Will measure if no one beats me to it.
        Thanks, I do like doing things properly. IF you could I would be very much appreciate them.

But what I did was nip down to my local friendly Airsoft retailer and ask wether I could 'play' very carefully with some lipos.
        I would try this but my local is 40 miles away and they have rarely got one in stock.

I prefer to use large mah batteries so I don't have to keep swapping the battery mid game. As stated above, I have a 4600mah Nimh currently linked to a mosfet, which lasts for an entire all-weekender with heavy 2-5 rd bursting on 1 recharge and still takes 5 hours to discharge the remainder once at home. If possible I am trying to match this or get 2 where both will fit in the RIS lasting for a day each.

As most lipo's tend to be towards the low mah rating, but more efficient, I need to know whether to plan for 1 large lipo or 2 smaller lipo's.

I prefer to have the measurements rather than battery suggestions (no offence to those that have got ones fitted already) as I am a bit of a perfectionist.
        This will allow me to get the batteries first which, are cheaper, definitely fit in the standard handguard and allow me to keep playing whilst I save for the RIS. Then once the RIS is mine (maaawwwwaahhh) the batteries should drop straight in, no missed games waiting for parts.

Comment

Dimension 1 is 24mm, dim 2 is 25mm, dim 3 is 47mm, dim 4 is 10mm.
          The bottom ris also has a 10mm channel, giving a dimension of 32mm to the barrel.
          Hope this helps.
          sigpic
          "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Dimension 1 is 24mm, dim 2 is 25mm, dim 3 is 47mm, dim 4 is 10mm.
            The bottom ris also has a 10mm channel, giving a dimension of 32mm to the barrel.
            Hope this helps.
            Wonderful Viper Scout thanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mearcat Find out more about Mearcat
            Working...
            X