Sopmod not feeding bbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sopmod not feeding bbs

Hey guys, probably a straight forward answer but I can't figure it out.

Sopmod cycles beautifully, but wont feed any bbs. Taken Gearbox apart, and reassembled, took hop apart and reassembled. All seems fine.

Why won't it feed?!? Haha

Thanks in advance
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Re: Sopmod not feeding bbs

I had a "no feed" with my L85 one time. The rifle was sound no problems with gearbox or hopup chamber. It turned out to be the mid cap mags I was using jammed their follower and just needed some lubrication. stripped the mags, lubed them and reloaded, all was fine.

Check if your mags are sticking. If you are using midcaps, then fill one up, put a finger over the bb hole and with your other hand pull the little release nub back to let 1 bb loose at a time. Don't for the love of sanity hold the nub in whilst looking straight down the hole! believe me, having a stream of bbs fly up your nose ain't funny (though it sounds funny). do this until it is empty as it could stick half way through. If you are using hicaps then this shouldn't be the issue.

Check if mags are engaging properly with the hopup feed nozzle. Push your mag in and then remove it, you should have at least 3-4 bbs drop out.

The only other things I can think of that would hinder bb feed are the air nozzle getting jammed with the hopup chamber and not cycling or the tappet plate sticking and not pulling the nozzle back enough to allow a bb to load.

Comment

Still using the original hop unit?

Comment

Definitely check the mags, try all the ones you have.

Has it worked before and if so what has changed? Any new upgrades etc?

When you put a full mag in and take it out do a few bbs fall out?

Does the gun cycle? Take the mag out, turn it upside down and look in the mag well, fire, does the nozzle move?
        sigpic

Comment

Turn the gun upside down and fill the feed nozzle with BBs and try to shoot them. If they shoot, it is a magazine or magazine/feed nozzle interface issue; if they don't then you have a gun problem.

Comment

if you turn it upside down and watch the nozzle while dry firing is it clearing the hop, try to get it to over run and half pull the tappet plate back to check clearance.

then if all looks good try to get it to feed using a couple of bbs and a see if there getting into the hop .. if there jamming in the "hop feed pipe" then check / replace / add a delayer to your tappet plate or check hop is seating correctly.

if there getting into the hop and not firing rebuild your hop a and see how much pressure it will take to push a bb past your rubber and into the barrel.

if a difficult one to nail down.

or as said above you have shit mags. :P
            The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys, however this is the hugely perplexing problem. The nozzle cycles fine- I cant half fire as its got the BTC in so cant technically see whether it is cycling fully- but what reason could it be that it wouldn't be? Also BBs drop out of the hop up when I remove the mag. My mags are fine, they don't stick I've used both my Magpul P mags and TM high caps to no avail.

Before this occurred my gearbox had locked up as somehow the piston had returned past the gears. Could this be to do with the issue?

- If it is the tappet plate not cycling back enough for the bbs to enter the hop up how can I resolve this? Its odd however as I have changed nothing from how it was working before this problem.

Cheers guys
              Phil
              Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Did you change your bbs for another brand

And have you manually fed bbs into the hop up unit as suggested above
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Have you taken or had the gearbox taken apart since it was working and now isn't? My gut is that the tappet plate and nozzle aren't connected properly, nozzle wrong way etc is the cause of the problem
                  sigpic

Comment

If the air nozzle hasn't been put in properly with the notch seated you will have feeding issues, you can check by putting your fingers in the magwell and trying to rotate (spin ) the nozzle, if it does rotate then it's not installed correctly
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

is it the standard hop.
                      The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

So I tried it again last night, all of my new Magpul P mags, aren't feeding correctly, possibly due to no use in over a year, so I will stretch the springs and see what happens. One of my high caps however did feed BBs perfectly, so it is working, clearly just my mags. Most annoying as it was they were all working fine last skirmish. Although that was indeed around 10 months ago..

Thank you all for the help!

Comment

If you have it, spray some silicone lube onto the little plastic follower that pushes the bbs through. Only a little squirt on the sides is needed and this will aid smooth feeding. I make it a habit of stripping and cleaning my mags at least twice a year. If you are stretching the springs just watch you don't overstretch them.

Glad we have solved your issue.

Comment

If the mags were stored empty I doubt that's the problem. In fact I have had pmags that were too powerful for the gun (not a Tm recoil) so if you're going to do this I suggest doing it to just one and try that.
                            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Half Trigger Find out more about Half Trigger
                            Working...
                            X