MG42 Drum Not Feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG42 Drum Not Feeding

Hello all. My friend recently bought an AGM MG42 from someone and he's been having some problems with it. The original owner said the gun was working fine and he used lipos. My friend doesn't have lipos so we've been using his 9.6v nimh battery but it seems the drum doesn't feed.

I know the drum feed motor is linked to the trigger so when you pull the trigger, it feeds, but it's not doing that. The original owner did send an 8.4v battery that doesn't fire the gun but does trigger the feed motor.

I'm a bit confused with what going on here. We've tried other batteries (not lipos) but they seem to fire the gun only.

Does anyone have any idea about what could be wrong?

Re: MG42 Drum Not Feeding

Sure i read somewhere that the trigger switch for the mag needs the trigger pulled all the way back to avtivate it and are problematic, could be that. Failing that the Mah of the battery is what will count here, too low and it won't have enough power to run the gun and mag.

Comment

Ah right. I think he's running only a 1100mah. I'll check with him, my lipo battery is 2200mah at 35c so hopefully that'll be big enough for the job.

Comment

i have one of these myself the drum mag gets power from 4 aa batteries inside the mag itself and is only switched from a wire whch connects to the trigger to make contact on firing, so the mains battery pack will have no impact on feed motor,as the chap above stated the trigger needs to engage fully for the feed switch to activate as you can start this firing and have no bb feed at all,check the AA's as you didnt seem to mention these in first post they gotta be good ones.

Comment

I'll have a look at the gun myself later and find out what's what. He did tell me he put new AA batteries in and it didn't feed at all, so he put the old ones back and it did feed.

Comment

could just be dodgy AA's then,ive had no trouble at all from mine once i remembered to pull firmly on trigger feeds every time,best of luck.

Comment

I've had a look at the gun and I can see the feed motor is working with a heavy trigger pull but I've noticed the gun doesn't actually seem to fire bb's even though the magazine is feeding. It seems there is a problem with the feed tray moving out of position and the bb's getting jammed in the tube.

When I put my weight on the tray it seems to feed better but I wonder if the air nozzle isn't giving enough time for the bb's to enter the hop, or maybe it is just that feed tray isn't feeding properly. Has anyone had any similar problems?

EDIT: I've found that the feed tube is broken (the gun is second hand) and I'm sure it's causing the problem.
              Last edited by RKG; 21 October, 2015, 16:08.

Comment

looks to be a good place to start try using a straw to gravity feed bb's into gun u can run t wth tray up then you will know if it fires ok

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RKG Find out more about RKG
                Working...
                X