Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud AEGS...

Hi guys,

Will be picking up an AK in the next few days, for a modern build.

One thing I would like to do, is actually make it as loud as possible.

I do notice more and more electric guns nowadays have a very loud report. Not from bad shimming or incorrect motor height, but a nice loud smack of every single time the piston head comes back.

How is this achieved? Is there a specific part or upgrade that does this? I would like to fit one to have a bit more scare tactic on this thing...

Re: Loud AEGS...

Electric blow back makes a noise and a soundhog makes a difference on some guns but don't know if much else

Comment

Yeah used to have a Romanian. Lovely gun but don't fancy a 3rd one. 105 this time.

Sound hogs yes do make a big noise difference, but I've seen the same effect on guns without sound hogs

Comment

Having the cylinder swept volume larger than the barrel volume helps, although it brings other problems. The Soundhog merely amplifies the sound caused by the sudden expansion of the air as it exits the barrel.

Comment

As above, you want to have a large cylinder to barrel volume ratio and also having a heavily weighted piston assembly. So a non-ported cylinder, aluminum cylinder head, aluminium piston and stock sorbo padding would give you a very loud 'crack' sounding report.

Obviously doing these things would make your gearbox break a lot faster than usual and a heavier piston assembly would increase fps over stock.
          For sale:

-Splitting M4
          -MP5 Parts
          -MP7a1
          -M9 Magazine

Comment

On a normal M4 flash hider, wrap your hands CAREFULLY around the vents
            Now listen the the much louder CRACK as you pull the trigger
            (ensure your fingers are well clear of barrel or you get a crack you may not wish for)

As for the actual sound and the noise level - all down to personal preference
            I like a softer sound myself, as firing a noisy gun sounds good at first
            but gets on ya nerves and ya team mates nerves too all day long - especially inside buildings/tunnels
            To each their own....
            yup - I know you have an ak but just giving you an example of how the sound can change so much so easily

Comment

I have a G&G Firehawk, I love the occasional looks I get and people saying "Glad I'm not in front of that thing!". The G&G Firehawk Amplifier Flashihder (on Zero One) is pretty good Though a little overpriced IMO.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
              Working...
              X