M4 trigger issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 trigger issue

Hi the issue with the m4 is if I pull trigger gently it works but but clicks aswell but if I pull trigger back fully it sounds like the battery is dead I've spoken to a workshop and they said something about trigger contacts or something and re wiring it just wondering if this is a easy job I could do myself as I have never taken a rifle part before hope someone can help , thanks

Re: M4 trigger issue

Rewiring is not difficult but, if you have never opened a gun up before, I recommend you either have a look on YouTube for a video on how to do it or get a reputable airsoft tech to do it for you as it does involve opening up the gearbox.

Comment

Yh I've found a video but it's not very good quality, I've been quoted £15 for rewire and £30 labour so I thought maybe I could try myself but not overly confident lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
        Yh I've found a video but it's not very good quality, I've been quoted £15 for rewire and £30 labour so I thought maybe I could try myself but not overly confident lol
        A simple Youtube search revealed hundreds of Version 2 Gearbox tutorials! With the right tools and going slowly you should be able to open that gearbox. When i got into Airsoft i opened the gearbox of my first gun within days before even skirmishing with it, that gun had little to no tutorials (i think there were only 4 videos) and it was a little harder to source parts for it as it was a G&G Version 7 Gearbox so not all parts were compatible with standard TM Version 7 parts.

Anyways enough sarcasm

Nearly all M4s from most reputable Airsoft manufacturers use the Tokyo Marui Version 2 gearbox design with maybe a few tweaks here and there, however other than the gearbox shell casing nearly all V2 gearbox components work together.

By the sounds of it without seeing the gun working at hand it could be that the trigger contacts are dud or something more serious or loose, tell me if you were to put the gun in full auto and shoot does it shoot ok or does it do that dead battery thing? Nonetheless i would have cracked it open but then i am a tinkerer hope you find what caused the problem please do let us know.

Comment

Some more information would be good, make n model of gun,it's age, has it seen a lot of action, does it work on full auto. I think it's the cut off lever and it's interaction with the trolley
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Hi it's a src sr4a1 yes it does the dead battery thing on full auto aswell unless I pull trigger very slowly I don't know how old it is as not long got it secondhand I've not been to a game yet found a video on YouTube that does the same this should be the link https://youtu.be/bTXaHUI4mJI

Comment

Could do with a video of your gun in action, coz it could be anything, but check out cut off lever problems on yt

Comment

Hi just to let you know I've taken it to zero one and they said it looks like the trigger switch so I brought the g&g gr16 front wired wire loom with switch I'm now plucking up the courage to open the rifle lol will keep you informed ☺

Comment

Well good luck

Comment

Well I have fixed the trigger issue but it doesn't seem to be very power full shot a coke can from about 20 ft and it only made a slight ding in it have I done something wrong lol

Comment

It sounds like you may have developed an air seal problem. Start by checking to see if it is at the hop/air nozzle interface by turning the gun upside down and placing a small piece of paper over the feed nozzle. Pull the trigger; if the paper flips up in the air, you need to check that the hop rubber is ok and that is seated properly on the inner barrel. Then, just close it up and try again. If the paper does not flip up, your leak is somewhere in the piston head seal/cylinder head seal/cylinder head - air nozzle seal system.

If the cylinder is ported and you took it out, check that you put it back in the right way round.

Oh, and buy yourself an Xcortech chrono.

Comment

Will have a look it also double feeds but not every time

Comment

That is also likely to be hop related.

Comment

I will strip it down again tonight but if all else fails I'm going to just have to take it to the workshop

Comment

Can I ask if this is a SRC M4....

split 2 piece hop unit ?
                              6mm green plastic bushings ?
                              Plastic receiver with lugs at rear than can break off
                              (or no plastic lugs at rear of top receiver on later models/dragon SRC's)

if it is most of the above - don't sweat it too much chucking more money at it
                              A G&G is far superior - even a cheap carbine

I have a SRC and some other boxes do or don't quite fit in the receiver exactly perfect
                              (the small tiny retaining pin running through box/receiver don't always align on some boxes I tried or the SRC box don't fit perfectly in some metal M4 recievers)

Soz - just giving you an honest picture
                              also sector gear has very thin teeth meshing on spur gear and can fail
                              and the switch stop pin can break inside gearbox from poor material used too
                              (but this can happen on other gearbox makes but know of 2 src boxes this happened)

They ain't really bad - but compared to G&G & ICS, SRC are well behind the other 2 Taiwan gun companies
                              hate to see you chuck time & money at a gun that is not that high end - yes have a go at fixing it
                              heck even learn some stuff on it, but feel when you next upgrade you will appreciate a better built gun

Hope you can sort the hop/feed problem without too much fuss though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cyclops Find out more about Cyclops
                              Working...
                              X