Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G CM16 sr-l battery advice

Hey guys,

I've just brought the g&g cm16 sr-l and I was wondering what battery you guys would recommend to run with? 9.6 nimh? 7.4 lipo?

What experience have other people had with these?

Cheers

Re: G&G CM16 sr-l battery advice

Lipo 7.4v 20 or 25c

If ya buying new - lipo
    Actually unless it is a bargain bargain vapex nimah deal
    Lipo - nimah's do lose their ability to hold charge I have found.
    9.9v LiFe is an option but tbh lipo, deans andvya gun is already fetted so that should give plenty
    If ya want more change lame ferrite motor for SHS torque

Comment

Sorry I am new to airsoft and this is my first gun, If I use lipo do I need anything else other than a charger because im aware that that SRS line has etu and mosfet.

All i need Battery & Charger for lipo that right? I dont need to buy a protective module or anything do I?

Comment

you are good to go lipo.....

you will need 2 x batteries & charger
        (could get by with 1 battery but if you run out of juice later in afternoon its a bummer - usually change battery at lunchtime)

charger - lipo chargers usually are 2 types:

B3 type - charges through balance lead (tiny small connector), takes a little longer but cheap charger to get going
        B6 type - charges through main connector & balances/monitors through balance lead
        if buying a B6 type beware of clones - genuine B6's can be sourced for not much more than fleabay clones
        (clones may not be accurately calibrated and may overcharge/shorten lipo battery)

tbh some cheapo B6 types have overcharged some of my first lot of lipo's a little but they are still doing ok

your best bet is to search (google coz I can't give you direct links) for RC shops or shops that sell RC & Airsoft batteries

hint: use "component lipo" or "hobby lipo" ahem......

what YOU need to pay very very close attention is to your gun's battery space
        YOU need to check/measure/gauge it out yourself.....
        you will probably need a twin stick or nunchuck type with each stick being APROX 18mm x about 135mm
        THIS IS A VERY VERY ROUGH QUOTE - YOU MUST CHECK THIS YOURSELF !!!!!
        (some G&G crane stocks were a little thin or tight but think the SR FFR range stock has a slightly larger stock)

you will almost certainly be needing a small tamiya connector on your battery

if you feel adventurous at a later stage and can solder replace these connectors with deans for better response
        please only ever cut & solder one wire at a time - cut both and BANG - lipo shorts are like miny arc welds
        see you tube for guides n tips on fitting deans

you must check your gun's battery space - and don't go for a tight fitting max size mofo either
        battery sizes are aprox at best and ordering one up too close may mean it won't fit after allowing for wires/balance lead etc..
        (done this myself)

Alas I can't tell you exact lipo to get from this or that place but if you do a little research you will find out for yourself some options

7.4v 20/25c + decent B3 charger will get you going
        B6 charger is nice but a bit more and psu required unless you buy the AC 240v B6 version

have a look around - you will soon suss out for yourself what you need

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

vip3r Find out more about vip3r
        Working...
        X