Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird MP5 Feeding Issue

Hi guys
    Got a slight problem with my Marui Hugh Cycle mp5 that iv noticed lately, when a fresh magazine whether it be mid cap / high cap / drum mag(came with gun) the first bb never feeds.
    Not the biggest issue as the second shot and following feed perfectly it's just the first one doesn't.
    Anyone had this problem and how hey fixed it? Have a feeling it ain't the magazines as iv tried 3 different types.
    Any help is appreciated
    Originally posted by FireKnife
    Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Re: Weird MP5 Feeding Issue

Happens to my AEG's. I think it's that the air nozzle sits in the hop up chamber obviously the air nozzle moves back and forth with each shot which lets in 1 bb at a time. If you're firing full auto and you run a mag dry, chances are, when you put a new one in and your gearbox is mid cycle. In other words, your air nozzle is still the hop-up chamber which blocks that first bb, so you have to fire the rest of that first cycle to allow a fresh bb to be shot. If you use your gun on semi, each trigger pull does a nice full cycle no partials so you'll probably find the first shot will fire a bb if you're on semi. Maybe as you're reloading, just switch it to semi for a second dry fire it a couple of times then back to full auto once your mag is in. Hope this helps, I've got an MP5K and it happens on mine like this.
    "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
    Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fabio Find out more about Fabio
    Working...
    X