So I've been sold a lemon (low FPS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've been sold a lemon (low FPS)

I've been sold a lemon MP5K it has an FPS of about 130! Was claimed to be 300. It wasn't.

How do I go about fixing this? I don't reckon it will be THAT difficult as I've rebuilt motorbike engines.

I've had a look at some youtube videos and disassembly seems fairly straight forward. Would a new piston and or air nozzle fix it? It's a TM.

Thanks

Re: So I've been sold a lemon (low FPS)

If it's new: Send it back. If it's used: Take it up with the seller and PayPal.

Taking it apart is usually a final resort.

Comment

Low fps could be anything or a combination of anything,it's a matter of trial and error and elimination process which is made all the more easier if you have experience, a box of spares and preferably another working aeg to use as a comparison, good luck
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Double check that the hop hasn't been switched fully on as that can have a dramatic effect on energy. Other than that, MP5K is quite straight forwards, its likely the chamber/barrel assembly is not spaced correctly, possibly caused by wires getting in the way on re-assembly. It's unlikely that you will have to open the gearbox.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Contact the seller before doing anything.

Comment

I thought Paypal's t&c's prohibited RIF sales so you may not be able to open a complex case with them. If the gun cycles fine then it's not mechanical it will be air seal. Probably dried up o rings etc. If you say you're use to building bikes then you'll be fine, it is just a bit fiddly, but you can learn everything on youtube. If it was second hand, chances are the guy had the gun laying around for ages, before selling it, just cycled it a couple of times, maybe plinked a few rounds through in his living room, all seemed fine.
            "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
            Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by MistroJoe View Post
              I thought Paypal's t&c's prohibited RIF sales so you may not be able to open a complex case with them.
              They do allow you to do this. I would contact them and or the seller before trying to fix it though as he has listed it as being 300fps.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
              Working...
              X