Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Gears in a higher speed set up.

Hello folks,

I've recently acquired a well used TM MP5K, it shoots fine, but rate of fire is a tad slow and it is quite loud.

I'm looking to put in some upgrades that should firstly make it more reliable and quieter e.g. a silent piston head, an arduous but excellent re shim, metal bushings, metal spring guide, metal cylinder head, nylon fiber piston and finally an G&P M120 motor which should give me a higher rate of fire.

I'm only going to be running an 8.4v and I'm keeping in the stock spring. My question is will I need to upgrade the gears themselves? Obviously if there is significant signs of wear I will, but if not I assume they will absolutely be up to the job.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks
    "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
    Red - Shawshank Redemption

Re: TM Gears in a higher speed set up.

forget G&P m120 motor - shs torque would be wise

Haven't got a TM but from what I've seen the sector's teeth to spur looks a bit narrow
    a bit like crappy SRC's sector - which I have had 2 mangle up on me when pushed
    doesn't seem like there is much contacting and under higher stress/load it just goes crunch

get a shs torque, shs 13:1 or 16:1 set of gears

silent piston head & silent piston but tbh if you use a sorbathane/neoprene mix to correct the AoE
    it will reduce the hard slapping sound - dmr/sniper might want a more hush aeg but ya mp5 will still be a sewing m/c

before you buy stuff check you really need them first...
    piston - if worn shs full metal rack (light piston but avoid a plastic/metal shs piston)
    cylinder - fine unless deep scratches
    o-ring on piston and perhaps o-ring nozzle check all seals/compression
    spring guide - if it is ok leave it, if new one get bearing spring guide and drop any bearing off piston head
    cylinder head - see if ptfe tape gives you nigh on perfect seal first
    (some cylinder heads are too big or poorly made so if your old one is ok and seals with ptfe then carry on)

shims - shs no question - great choice of thickness to help get close to perfection - well my shimming is getting better
    element ones I have found are punched badly with burrs giving poor shim results

tbh - it ain't a matter of fitting the best parts you can buy
    most of the skill is fitting the parts as best as YOU can
    often a file here n there, checking the smooth operation of everything
    even old bits n bobs from a spares box can make a pretty good box if put together properly
    a bit of time&care not really loads of money is what makes it all work properly

best of luck

Comment

Re: TM Gears in a higher speed set up.

All makes perfect sense, cheers fella and Happy New year!!
      "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
      Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MistroJoe Find out more about MistroJoe
      Working...
      X