Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-Auto issue (Unique I promise!)

Hi all.

Having some issues with the Semi-Auto on an old G36C.

Now the bit where it differs to the typical Semi-Auto issue is that it works fine until you put bbs in it...

The Semi-Auto function works perfectly with a magazine out of the weapon but as soon as you stop dry firing and put bbs through it then it will go Full-Auto every time consistently.

I have done the standard in checking the trigger contacts, cut off lever, trigger trolley and they all look fine (although the cut off lever may be a tad worn).

What I cannot get my head around is why adding bbs into the equation should make any difference?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Re: Semi-Auto issue (Unique I promise!)

Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGDw_QNu0OY

HTH
    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Originally posted by Paul55 View Post
      Hi Paul

Cheers for the response but that was one of the things I have checked and the trolley seems to be in pretty good nick :/ and as i said it works 100% fine until you put bbs in it :/

Comment

Ah sorry mate, can't help any more. Hope you get it sorted.
        Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Complete stab in the dark on this very weird one
          but here goes.....

Wiring - yes wiring....
          as G36 is front wired and wires then run back to box, just above the selector plate
          I am wondering if when a mag gets inserted, it knocks or shifts the wiring at switch running past selector plate
          now the cut off lever's spring should fight against any very slight shifting of selector plate plus if this moved the fire selector should also move

BUT

something like wiring or side of receiver must be pulling cut off lever up & away for it to fire in full auto
          if it was down it would stop after single shot - so "something" is messing with cut off lever rest position

Probably isn't the wiring - but does run near the selector plate and some very weird item is popping cut off lever up
          As said you should feel something on fire select if selector plate shifts backwards
          but not if just the cut off lever only gets kicked upwards somehow

yeah really odd one - let us know how you get on

Comment

It's a fairly common issue with V3 boxes, particularly the JG series because of the latch design. It is 100% a worn cut off lever. I have had is issue on most of the rental G36's I've fixed in the past.
            In short, the latch wears to a point where it doesn't quite lift the switch trolley high enough to be released from the trigger block, when there is less resistance to compression the piston is returning faster and the harder shock transferred through impact is enough to jolt the trolley to release. On compression, the impact is dulled and therefore isn't severe enough to release the partially lifted trolley.

You will find that its exactly the same issue if you just drop a couple of bbs in the mag well, without the mag it will still fire on auto until empty.

The issue will only get worst until semi auto will not work at all.

Unfortunately brands like JG, SRC seem to use the softest of pot metal for their levers. A simple steel replacement lever such as those by Lonex, SHS, ZCI, Guarder will almost certainly last for ever.
            Bare in mind that most aftermarket v3 cut off levers are designed for AK's and that you will need to file off some of the lower portion that corresponds with the selector plate to fit.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Wow two very good suggestions!

Sitting Duck you had me worried for a second there as all of the wiring has been re-done by myself so I didn't want to believe that I could have cocked up that bad!

Luckily I feel that sniperjesus may have saved me from embarrassment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkN4WatLqrE

In the above video the following scenarios are tested.

1. No bbs no magazine
              2. No bbs with magazine
              3. With bbs with magazine
              4. With bbs no magazine

Looks like sniperjesus may have hit the nail on the head. Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply to me!

I will look further into the cut off lever and post my findings.

Thanks again chaps!

Comment

Just swapped out the cut-off lever with another one from a V3 gearbox I had kicking around. Slightly different in design but seemed to go into the box okay.

Put it back together and indeed this has fixed my problem!

Thanks a lot for the advice guys!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BikerEddd Find out more about BikerEddd
                Working...
                X