G&G M14 EBR Intermittent trigger issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G M14 EBR Intermittent trigger issue

I have a G&G M14 recently converted into an EBR, and the gun still fires almost as good as the day I got it.

The issue seems to be that there's a bit of play in the trigger, wobbling backwards and forwards ever so slightly, instead of being 'springy' like all guns are. 4/10, the gun will do nothing when the trigger is pulled (no motor sound at all) and 6/10 times the gun will fire as it should. I know there's no fault with motor engagement or wiring and looking at it, the play in the trigger seems to be the issue.

The 'breaking' point for firing feels as though it's very far back on the trigger pull (if you can call it a pull with no resistance).

I wanted other people's opinions on this issue and potential fixes. Looking at how the trigger engages, it seems as though the trigger has to be pulled quite far in order for it to catch a sort of 'tab' on the gearbox. Will it be as simple as a new trigger/trigger guard set, or is the gearbox itself positioned to far forwards?

Ta in advance.
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Re: G&G M14 EBR Intermittent trigger issue

Forgive my ignorance but I'm not that familiar with M14s. Is the trigger part of the gearbox like with most AEG'S? Have you changed the trigger or taken the gearbox apart?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

The trigger is a separate unit, part of the trigger guard.

*Edit: not my picture, taken from Google. It's not an EBR but, to my knowledge, uses the same trigger group.

sigpic
      "I are God, lol."

Comment

I have an G&G M14 EBR and have played about with the trigger quite a bit. Few things I can think of:

1.Trigger contacts burnt out so the trigger pull is made longer before it gets a circuit and sometimes the resistance is too high altogether to fire.

2.The piece which gets pushed forward by the trigger assembly (part pictured above) is a bit loose against the gearbox casing allowing the trigger trolley to slip off when under load. To remedy this try tightening the two screws which hold it in place so it holds tighter against the GB. I even filed where they screw in a little so the screws hold the piece a little closer to the GB and therefore the trigger trolley is less likely to move out of the contacts channel.

3. You may not be installing the trigger assembly into the rifle correctly as it can seemingly fit into place without actually having done so. Make sure the base of the assembly is flush/in line with the body of the rifle-it will stick out slightly if its fitted incorrectly. Although I don't have experience of this causing issues its worth looking at.

Edit: sorry for the block of text
        For sale:

-Splitting M4
        -MP5 Parts
        -MP7a1
        -M9 Magazine

Comment

Thanks, Wilko.

I'll go through each of these tonight and check.

I hope it's not the contacts, as it was working beautifully before the shop converted it for me.

No. 2 sounds most likely, as there is no resistance at all in the trigger until the 'breaking point' (it just flaps back and forth) and sometimes won't shoot at all when pulled right back.

While I have your attention, I don't suppose you could post up a couple pictures of your trigger assembly and maybe your motor cage, if it's not too much trouble? Also the underside of the gearbox where the trigger meets it?

Something about my motor cage doesn't seem right...

Much obliged.
          sigpic
          "I are God, lol."

Comment

Sorry for the late reply mate I've been really busy recently.

With the contacts what battery have you been using with it?

Unfortunately I am away from my EBR at the moment and will be for a while so can't take any pictures of it. However, if you send me some pictures of yours I can definitely tell you if something looks wrong.

Motor cages breaking on the mounts is a very common issue with EBRs but often you can't tell because the motor can be held in place by the EBR body without it. Does your GB sound at all grindy or screechy when it shoots?
            For sale:

-Splitting M4
            -MP5 Parts
            -MP7a1
            -M9 Magazine

Comment

I'm away from my EBR at the moment as well. When I last took the receiver out of the body I found that the wires had melted onto the gearbox!

The shop is currently rewiring it and I'll give it another go when I have it back as well as getting some pictures etc.

They seemed to think the motor cage looked dodgy so may well replace it (if, by some miracle, they find one).

Had a look into your second point, and the plate that moved on the side of the gearbox did have a fair level of play, and the screws were as tight as a nun.

Would it cause any issues if I decided to put some small washers on the screws?

Cheers for the help.
              sigpic
              "I are God, lol."

Comment

The motor cages are not too rare to find just phone up zero one directly and ask them to source one for you or if that doesn't work I know of somewhere you can buy one in the UK so PM if that doesn't work out.

With the washers, I don't think it would cause issues assuming they don't cause too much friction against the plate. Actually thinking about it they would also cause the screws to sit slightly higher in their grooves which would make them more likely to unscrew and come loose over time-maybe longer screws would be an option or the method I used/mentioned earlier about lowering the point hey screw into.

Edit: It should be very obvious whether or not the motor cage is broken because it will have clearly snapped at two of the four points it mounts into the GB so no point replacing unless this has happened.
                For sale:

-Splitting M4
                -MP5 Parts
                -MP7a1
                -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
                Working...
                X