G&G GC16 SRL (gen3) Feeding and hop issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G GC16 SRL (gen3) Feeding and hop issues

Hey guys, I recently bought a brand new G&G GC16 SRL, and it is 100% stock, unopened, unmodified out of the box fresh

I have been struggling to get magazines to work, many don't seat properly, and most do not feed, I visited a shop and tried some Socom Gear Lonex mags, that were £80 for 5 mags, they worked in the shop but at a skirmish yesterday they were feeding intermittently

Also my hop was playing up, I was barely getting any range, and occasionally getting feeding issues and even double feeds

Could everything be a hop up issue? I appreciate a new gun needs bedding in for accuracy etc, but the hop was completely ineffective, I was barely getting 10m unless the hop was on full

Any other ideas?
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Re: G&G GC16 SRL (gen3) Feeding and hop issues

Umm wow that is a lot of problems...

Okay any difference in feeding between semi and full auto? Also any difference if you push the mag into the gun whilst shooting?

Also how consistent is the fps on a chrono?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny you should say that it must be a G&G issue as my G&G predator was doing the same and i was using G&G mags and its not them at fault as my other gun was shooting fine. I got my mags from Scotland shop mid caps.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BikerEddd View Post
        Umm wow that is a lot of problems...
        Okay any difference in feeding between semi and full auto? Also any difference if you push the mag into the gun whilst shooting?
        Also how consistent is the fps on a chrono?
        Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
        No difference between Semi and Auto, i visited a few shops, on saturday, some brand of mags, worked when I pushed the mags forward, some did not feed at all, some fed

the ones I bought feed.. just not 100%, more like 90% and I occasionally got a double feed

THAT plus the poor hop performance makes me think the hop up does not fit properly or is wrong somehow

Originally posted by 46templar View Post
        Funny you should say that it must be a G&G issue as my G&G predator was doing the same and i was using G&G mags and its not them at fault as my other gun was shooting fine. I got my mags from Scotland shop mid caps.

Yeah I know 2 people with G&Gs that have magazine issues, must be their hop fitment

The problem is, I dunno what to do, the gun is like 3 months old from ZeroOne, dunno if they can fix/replace it, ive emailed their support team too

Kind of wish I could scrap it and buy something better
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Well i brought mine 8 days ago and they have had it back 4 times and like yourself i wished i brought a different make which i know works and have range. I hope ti pick mine up tomorrow and if i can get a refund as its so new and been in shop for most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 46templar View Post
            Well i brought mine 8 days ago and they have had it back 4 times and like yourself i wished i brought a different make which i know works and have range. I hope ti pick mine up tomorrow and if i can get a refund as its so new and been in shop for most of it.

That is not good news

I was gonna buy a marui 417 recoil but thought id just get this for now

Comment

For anyone interested, I replaced the hop up with an ASG metal hop unit (used g&g green bucking from old hop unit) fit a madbul python tightbore and replaced the piston head which had smashed

works a charm

Comment

Hi i found my plastic G&G mags slid down and i hope thats why mine wasnt feeding but the shop where i got my predator if making sure the gun works with my mid cap and not the high cap it came with as i dont like high caps

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                Working...
                X