Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Hop Up Spring?

Hi Guys,
    Decided to strip my (new to me) G&G GR15 last night as it was firing slightly left. I found the barrel had twisted so easily fixed.
    I noticed that there was a little spring guide on the hop unit but no spring in sight. Looking at images of hop units some seem to have these little springs in place.
    This is the spring guide I speak of:
    Hop.jpg

So, my understanding is that this is used to push the hop back against the air nozzle to get a better/consistent seal (?). Is it needed and should I try find a spring to fit it?

Thanks

ps: I also wanted to fit a new spring but you have to take pretty much every bolt out of the gun and then do some hammering to remove the plate of the blowback so stopped there as I didn't have my hammer to hand. Once I do get into the gearbox to swap out the spring, are there any other maintenance tasks I should undertake? I don't want to be splitting it too often.

Re: G&G Hop Up Spring?

G&G hops tend not to have the spring. I have never found that they need one.

When you are in the gearbox, just give everything a good looking at and grease where required. Nothing else much to do unless you want to do the aoe while you are in there.

Comment

Re: G&G Hop Up Spring?

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
      G&G hops tend not to have the spring. I have never found that they need one.

When you are in the gearbox, just give everything a good looking at and grease where required. Nothing else much to do unless you want to do the aoe while you are in there.
      Thanks colinjallen. I wasn't sure I'd had a pingfeckit moment when taking it out so good to know it's not lying on the floor for my daughter to stick in her mouth.
      I'll check the gears out and regrease as I don't think it's been opened before.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

epicmonkey Find out more about epicmonkey
      Working...
      X