Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 No Range

Hello again :p

I have recently been experiencing problems with my G&G M14 full length as with regard to it having very little range. Basically the gun was functioning fine to start off with then the motor died. So I swapped it out for a TM EG1000, The next day I took it to a skirmish and I was impressed with the range, even more so when I found out it was only doing 250 fps . However from then on it was not so good .

The bb's started to go about 6ft before dropping, on a good shot. I have tried many things, but thaey have all been to no avail, this is what I have tried:

A new hop rubber

A new H-hop nub

A new normal hop nub

A complete re grease and of the piston, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head and airseal nozzle, TWICE

A replacement piston, piston head and piston O-ring.

A regrease of the feed nipple

Giving the barrell a good clean.

As far as I am aware the gun hadn't seen much prior use and is, apart from a 6.03 tightbore and the aforementioned parts, stock.

Anyone got any other Ideas what I could try ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tom
    My Trader Feedback (iTrader)

Re: M14 No Range

Maybe its the new motor buddy?
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that too, so I have just bought another one off of here :D, possibly it's firing to fast? (The ROF is nuts on an 8.4, I dread to think what would happen if I tried a 9.6V or, *gulp*, higher :p) Don't really see how this could affect it as the tappet plate should withdraw form the hop up, but perhaps before 1 round has left the barrel another one is put in, reducing the power?

Comment

Have you checked that you put it all back togethor properly(not saying your a noob), it also sounds like an airseal problem mate.
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

a motor has absolutely diddly squat to do with range lads, save yourself some cash.

If the piston isnt engaging properly, i.e. wornt teeth ect, then it may be releasing early, slipping off the gears once the spring load over powers the grip on the teeth, not giving the full travel or volume of air.

The air nozzle might be worn, or more likely not aligning with the hop unit properly, not going all the way in... causing an air loss.

Best bet, save yourself the time, hassle and frustration, take it to a shop to fix, part with £30 or so, and know its up to them to fix.

Comment

could it be possible that you got some silicon on your hop rubber? cos this would completely eliminate the impact of the hop on the bb

Stargazer

Comment

Yes, that's probably a not a bad idea about the shop, shame my local site have a dubious track record as with regards to repairs.

Also are you sure having silicone on your hop rubber bad, I've never heard that (but then again I've never asked :p)

Comment

it would deffo affect hop in regards to the spin, but not the airseal, if anything, it would increase the airseal. Yes, do not put grease of any kind on your hop rubber, it ruins the backspin effect.

Comment

airseal... had the same problem on my gun... teflon tape sorted it out for me..
                  Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
                  I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

Where did you apply the tape mate?
                    The airseal nozzle, piston head, cylinder head?

Comment

lol, you could try, but as its a moving part, it will come off!

How olds the gun fella, if its seen a fair bit of action and a fair few hop rubbers, there might be wear to the air nozzle, got to pop open the box to replace that bit, as its attached to the tappet plate.

The only place I know ptfe used is in gbbs and bolt actions, like the cylinder head on the L96 ect as its threaded

Comment

Originally posted by DaleStorm View Post
                        Where did you apply the tape mate?
                        The airseal nozzle, piston head, cylinder head?
                        ill pm you mate...i was reffering to the hop unit area of the gun.. lol not the gearbox.. lol
                        Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
                        I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

PM received, many thanks :D. Anyone one else have any other beans of wisdom they'd care to part with :p?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DaleStorm Find out more about DaleStorm
                          Working...
                          X