X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel Wobble on G&G MP5

Hi all,
    A bit of a strange one here...
    I'm used to working on M4 and AK based AEGs, and actually find myself relatively competent carrying out any work on them... However, MP5's are a bit new to me, and a friends (recently purchased) MP5 has quite a fair amount of barrel wobble.
    Now, if this was one of my own guns, I wouldn't really care... I'd just chuck some epoxy around the join and carry on using it until I HAD to fix it.
    But, he can't do that... As G&G were idiots and decided to put the battery in the handguard...
    As a result, he is left with a gun that can only be fired when pulling back on the grip (Not exactly a good feature to have!)
    So, my question is this:
    How the heck do you re-tighten the barrel on it?!

The full product code is: TGM PM5 A4 RTB EBB

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm receiving it tomorrow, and hope to skirmish with him this coming weekend!
    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Re: Barrel Wobble on G&G MP5

The outer barrel of the G&G screws on; if this is loose, it can cause barrel wobble.

Part 1 of sub-assembly 03 screws onto part 7 of sub-assembly 02: http://www.guay2.com/web/drawings/smg/tgm_a4rtb.pdf

Comment

So basically, I just need to remove enough parts on it to be able to screw it back?
      "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Hopefully.

Comment

Will give it a try tomorrow night then
          Hopefully I wont end up posting a photo of a load of parts going "WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!!"

Annoying thing is, I know what he paid for it... And it was the bargain of the century! Hence why I'm determined to get it working properly... £100 including 7 mags, 10k 0.2g bbs, and 2 battery packs...
          Git.

Comment

Hi

Actually that was a bit of a bargain TBH, the G&G TGM range of MP5s are marked as their Top Tech line, brand new and just the gun alone costs about £250 i think.

However just looking up the gun i realised that it was one of the worst designed G&G MP5s as the front handguard is the battery, i have no idea where they came up with this idea and it seems that its not the barrel wobbling but that he has to pull the handguard back so that the positive and negative contacts make, well contact so the gun can shoot.

Heres the link to G&Gs product page: http://www.guay2.com/web/gt_product/...TB.php?lang=en

If the barrel does wobble its simply a matter of removing the handguard and twisting the outer barrel clockwise until it tightens in place, add some loctite to be sure, if its the upper barrel (where the bolt assembly is) then comeback to me as i own a G&G MP5A5 but heavily modified with the Swordfish rails.

Also point of note, dont do the MP5 slap too often on this gun otherwise you will see the charging handle fly off.

Comment

Iirc from when we used it last (Was meant to be it's maiden skirmish), it is just the front barrel assembly. The actual receiver end seems to be pretty solid. Infact, with the battery removed I could actually see the "wobble point" which was just as it met the receiver.
              As for the design, I know, it's stupid... the issue however is due to the wobble from the front barrel, as the pin that attaches the battery is located on something bolted to the barrel... So, barrel moves up, contact is broken...

Comment

Originally posted by Shizbazki View Post
                Hi

Actually that was a bit of a bargain TBH, the G&G TGM range of MP5s are marked as their Top Tech line, brand new and just the gun alone costs about £250 i think.

However just looking up the gun i realised that it was one of the worst designed G&G MP5s as the front handguard is the battery, i have no idea where they came up with this idea and it seems that its not the barrel wobbling but that he has to pull the handguard back so that the positive and negative contacts make, well contact so the gun can shoot.

Heres the link to G&Gs product page: http://www.guay2.com/web/gt_product/...TB.php?lang=en

If the barrel does wobble its simply a matter of removing the handguard and twisting the outer barrel clockwise until it tightens in place, add some loctite to be sure, if its the upper barrel (where the bolt assembly is) then comeback to me as i own a G&G MP5A5 but heavily modified with the Swordfish rails.

Also point of note, dont do the MP5 slap too often on this gun otherwise you will see the charging handle fly off.
                Turns out is it the entire front assembly wobbling where it meets the main receiver... Balls.
                Any idea how to remove it or is this just a case of glue and hope?

Now taken it apart as far I can 'comfortably' can without guidance... Ie, GB out, barrel and hop out, so it is just the top receiver, top barrel and bottom barrel and sight...
                did find a Tiny knurled nut inside of the body... So can't help think that has something to do with it...
                Last edited by Raguri; 28 March, 2016, 21:59.

Comment

Hi

Do you mean the Outer Barrel and charging handle are both wobbly??

If they are, start by removing the outer barrel, turn it counter clockwise and it should just screw off (don't forget to remove the inner barrel.
                  Then using a punch like tool or end of screw driver push down on the button on the left hand side (same side as the charging handle), the button is located about an inch above the magwell.

Push it down and the push the outer barrel thread back into the gun (I am assuming of course you have separated the upper and lower receiver).

Once the thread for the outer barrel is clear you should have a small hex screw underneath the charging handle tube, just add some loctite, tighten it and put everything back together.

Comment

Tried turning the barrel, wont move at all past a certain point... I'm guessing the front sight also needs to be removed in order to remove the barrel?
                    And yep, exactly what I meant Inner barrel and hop are already removed (Found out his hop rubbers also torn...)
                    I have indeed separated them, did take a lot of swearing to get the stock off though... Genuinely don't think this gun's ever been apart...

Comment

Hi sorry i forgot to say yes you need to remove the front sight, totally forgot as mine does not have that installed, had to remove it in order to fit the Swordfish mod, stock should just slide off and the receivers just part.

Once you have parted the reviecers, removed the inner barrel and front sight you should just be left with the charging bolt handle and outer barrel.

Comment

All is now removed! :D and I think I've located the problem... There's a lot (And I mean, A LOT) of wear on the charging bolt assembly... Turns out, it's only held on by a tiny little allen screw underneath... which typically, I haven't got the size for >.<

Comment

Re: Barrel Wobble on G&amp;G MP5

Yeah i think its a 1.5mm or 2 or 2.5 hex key you'll need but dont quote me on the size, all i know is that it is small.

It sounds like the previous owner was a bit too over zealous with the MP5 slap, i had to do this to mine after snapping the charging handle:IMG-20160324-WA0002.jpg

the handle snapped so i had to do a ghetto job so that it will stay on now

Comment

Originally posted by Shizbazki View Post
                            Yeah i think its a 1.5mm or 2 or 2.5 hex key you'll need but dont quote me on the size, all i know is that it is small.

It sounds like the previous owner was a bit too over zealous with the MP5 slap, i had to do this to mine after snapping the charging handle:[ATTACH=CONFIG]157763[/ATTACH]

the handle snapped so i had to do a ghetto job so that it will stay on now
                            As ghetto as that is, it also looks bloody cool.
                            Think so... Either that or he ran into a tree... Still trying to find the location of the small grub nut I've found. Circular bugger, much like the one on the front sight sling mount without the slit...
                            Was rolling around inside of the body.

Comment

Tightened it. It works for one round, then cuts out again... Definitely battery related. I hate this design. The man who thought it was a good idea designs to be shot in the left ball...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raguri 5 years off, now looking at finally dusting off the ol' girl and getting some games in. Find out more about Raguri
                              Working...
                              X