MP5k gearbox version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5k gearbox version?

I have a dream, a ridiculous dream, but a dream none the less... however it depends on whats inside an MP5k, Ive never owned one so not sure. Is it simply a normal MP5 inside thats been shrunk down? Does it use a normal V3 gearbox? Google seems to give mixed results regarding the consensus.

Re: MP5k gearbox version?

You are correct an MP5k uses a V3 gearbox unlike the MP5 which uses a V2 gearbox

Comment

So it uses AEG parts, not AEP?

Excellent... time to make my dream a reality

Comment

Yes, Standard V3 gearbox as used in the AK and G36 series. The proprietary parts are;
        • Nozzle
        • Trigger
        • Motor mount (allows the lower to screw into)
        • Selector Plate

All other V2/3 parts are interchangeable. The V3 is a solid box.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

I'm currently upgrading one myself. I was tempted by a dual sector gear build but decided against it. I'm just going to make it a rock solid reliable side arm aeg for e.g. a sniper which can also do CQB.

I'm nearly finished so let me know if you need any help, please ask questions
          "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
          Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Cheers I may have to take you up on that, my ambition is to make the smallest gun possible... with the most ridiculously overkill rate of fire possible... FOR [insert socially acceptable reason here] SCIENCE???? Initially I was thinking an MP7 or Skorpion but concerned Ill be limited in upgradeability with an AEP gearbox.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
            Working...
            X