Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&G M1 Garand upgrades advice/knowledge needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G M1 Garand upgrades advice/knowledge needed.

Hi techperts.

I've been looking into upgrading my Garand. I'm pretty ok with anything to do with the gearbox internals, being it's a mix of V7/3/2 parts. I can't seem to find a precision-bore barrel for it though (at least specifically stated as being ok for it) so any help on that would be much appreciated. The inner barrel is 510mm long. I see lots of 'generic' barrels that would be ok for length but no details about bucking fitments and window types/dimensions/positioning etc. I know there's a big debate about the pros and cons of tighter-bore barrels but after seeing a guy improve both his FPS and groupings on a long-barrel AK47 support-weapon I reckon it's a good upgrade (that may or may not improve the Garand, so suck it and see).

TIA for any info.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, does anyone know exactly what wood is used on it? I thought it was walnut but after seeing inside the stock the non-finished wood looks too pale for that.

Re: G&G M1 Garand upgrades advice/knowledge needed.

You can get a Madbull Python v2 509mm (aug length) for £30
    Found them to be a pretty efficient upgrade, tho obviously Teflon coated aluminum is not as good as a more expensive quality steel TB. The square cut window matches up to TM inner barrels nicely, tried TM/g&g green/lonex bucking with no issues on TM/Lonex hop units, flat Hopped etc.

Personally I'm totally loving my PDI 6.05 but that's £60 at 285mm...

Comment

Thanks JF. Been trying to find PDI in the UK, like unicorn horns. :D

Comment

Laylax Prometheus look pretty good. Anyone have experience of those?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Siggi Find out more about Siggi
        Working...
        X