Gearbox seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox seating

I've just had a receiver come and I've attempted to fit a gearbox in it, (m4) I'm certain the selector plate is an m4 one and seems to only go in when my selector is set to safety, but then after it fits in, its almost impossible to use the selector on the receiver (won't hit full auto sometimes) anyone know what's up?!

I'd just like to add, the selector plate isn't stiff at all before it enters the receiver either

Re: Gearbox seating

Look at the round thing inside the gearbox thats connected to the selector switch and moves the plate (selector cam)it should be at 12 o'clock on semi, if it's unseated and stuck in an abnormal position it will cause this problem
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Is this even if the selector plate moves freely?

Comment

What you have to do is CAREFULLY examine the lower receiver and the selector plate.....

I ripped out a poxy troublesome G&G ETU and went back to old school trigger switch but ran into a few little qwirks
        one of which was not being able to select full auto once box was in the receiver after having to replace selector plate
        (ETU selector plate is like a DMR selector plate and differs from "normal" G&G selector plate)

However after replacing this with an aftermarket one I ran into no auto problem in receiver....
        steaming in I thought the problem was elsewhere and ended trimming wrong and got another DMR selector plate)
        Turns out the aftermarket selector plate was a tad too long after making careful close comparisons that it was hitting inside of receiver
        this meant instead of going from 12 o'clock semi to 3 o'clock full auto - it only would go to about 1:30 or halfway selecting auto....

trimming aprox 2mm on the far right side on yet another selector plate solved the issue at last - lesson learnt but still wasted the first plate
        picture says 1,000 words:

note the other red area was optional to ensure cut off lever settled perfectly for trigger mod I also did - so just pay attention to the right side

NB: I am NOT saying this is the exact same problem as I had but sounds similar that something is restricting the selector movement to full auto
        So BEFORE you even think of hacking bits off please check and try to see if that particular area is causing the issue

It sounds similar but might be something a little different - and I urge you to examine and try to determine yourself if you need to adjust/trim/file something off

DO NOT FLAME ME IF YOU SCREW SOMETHING UP - it is your risk, I'm just putting up possible things to check and maybe how to get around it

That is assuming it is a compatible M4 selector plate and all parts/box/receiver are compatible - in my case there was a channel or cutout for selector plate
        that was in receiver but it was just a smidge too short that prevented the selector plate moving all the way to full auto
        well the G&G selector plate is about 1.5mm to 2mm shorter so it operated ok - I just had to slightly trim the aftermarket one down to match in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Xaphor View Post
          Is this even if the selector plate moves freely?
          The selector plate moves freely but if the part that moves it is getting jammed then the plate will be jammed as well
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Xaphor Find out more about Xaphor
          Working...
          X