Deans Connector Install & systema gearbox on the g3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deans Connector Install & systema gearbox on the g3

So my G3 was seeming to overheat with the systema gearbox with m110 spring and eg1000 motor. I noticed the original tamiya plugs getting a little to hot and overall performance dropping. So I picked up a set of 20 pairs for 5 quid, a soldering iron and some electrical tape for £17.33 pretty reasonable I thought.

The result is a noticeable improvement that left me feeling pretty smug with it being my first deans Connector setup.

Have a mosfet on the way too

Alsohttps://vimeo.com/163339056

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Deans Connector Install & systema gearbox on the g3

Nice one - until you swap out a tamiya to deans you can't imagine how they hold you up with resistance
    a little flux helps, decent solder and key or scratch the contacts will ensure a nice joint (solder not the spliff kind)

mosfet & neo motor next perhaps - unleash some rof
    deans on their own gets you an extra round or two maybe on higher juice according to youtube videos
    but tbh once you fitted one you would never mess about with tamiya's again
    reckon even mini deans (not micro deans), even mini deans would be superior to tamiya if space was absolute tight as a camel's ar$e in sandstorm
    ps - nice gun, keep getting temped by G3's but must resist - or sell some guns/stuff first my lady says

Comment

Re: Deans Connector Install & systema gearbox on the g3

G3s are awesome guns that have so much potential to upgrade as standard they are just OK with the exception of ROF the standard ROF isn't too shabby but everything else is kinda just OK

The G&G Body is worth the investment although needs a little filing and cutting to make it fit well.

Only standard out of the box parts on mine now is the stock, Cocking lever, barrel and hop up. You want about 300 - 500 invested in the gun to make it really come into its own.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SRB Find out more about SRB
      Working...
      X