Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wiring an M4

Hey,

I currently have a rear wired CA gearbox with a mosfet. When I installed it I left specifically left excess wire so I could front wire it at a future point, so that will not be an issue. As the body I am using is not designed to be front wired I know I am going to have to drill a small hole somewhere for the wires to exit out of.

Currently, my PEQ box has to sit on the upper receiver rails, front wiring it would allow me to put it on my RAS instead freeing up space for me to put my scope back in the ideal position.

I've had a search for information on how to front wire a gun and have been able to find very little information, most people seem to do the reverse.

Ideally I'm looking for a guide or picture of an open front wired gearbox so I can see where they have run the wires.

Any information you can give me on this would be appreciated, thanks

Re: Front wiring an M4

http://www.mechbox.com/m4m16/rewirin...2-mechbox.html
    sigpic

Comment

Hmm, so it goes right out next to the switch assembly. Presumably I'd have to run it inside the magwell.

Comment

That's where it usually goes, yes.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, looks like I might have to file away a little bit of my hopup to make enough room for all 4 wires to through the hole in upper receiver but that shouldn't be too much hassle.

Comment

wow, dont be drilling your hop. Get yourself a pre soldered silicone wire and fuse switch, which is the correct length etc for front wired option then dremmel out hole in gearbox casing and it will run around mag section and out of barrrel around the hop. 20 min job done
            The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SoSwift Find out more about SoSwift
            Working...
            X