Collapse

Reducing FPS, change barrell or spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing FPS, change barrell or spring?

I've recently bought an Umarex HK416 from this forum. I chrono'd it for the first time today and us averaging 360-370 FPS. The site limit is 350 FPS. There's currently a 14" tigtbore barrell fitted but I have no idea which spring. The barrel extends into a silencer so fitting a shorter one shouldn't be too difficult.

So, should I change out the spring (that I don't know the strength of) or do I go for a shorter barrell?

Any help would be great

Cheers,
    Tim

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Re: Reducing FPS, change barrell or spring?

My son's gun fire hot until he went through a few mags and now its 335 was 360 i dont know if this will help you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

A non tightbore for example tm 6.08 should reduce the fps by at least 25fps
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've got an Umarex hk416 cqb, but it was modified with an extended inner barrel. I think it's a 490mm madbull python. I was thinking of just swapping it out for the 300mm python barrell. I only need to lose 20fps or there abouts. I can refit the original flash hider then☺

Comment

Originally posted by 46templar View Post
          My son's gun fire hot until he went through a few mags and now its 335 was 360 i dont know if this will help you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
          I've put a load of bbs through it. I think I need a hardware change. Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepskate1 View Post
            I've got an Umarex hk416 cqb, but it was modified with an extended inner barrel. I think it's a 490mm madbull python.
            I think that is problem....

you will get creep using longer barrels and if 490mm on v2 you should have a full cylinder coz you are right on the limit - maybe a smidge over if trying to lift .30's etc.....

300mm might be a bit of a drop but often the 416 barrel is about 300mm
            or 400mm aprox if using a 4" outer extension
            Well that is the options you get with a D-Boys one

490mm - that is a bloody long bastid - you sure ???
            I mean the 300 will be loads shorter and possible should drop maybe too much - possible 50fps
            a 100mm reduction say 380-400mm should be sweet I'd say

Comment

It's a cqb with a 190mm suppressor at the moment and the barrell is only 10mm short of the end. I think a disassembly is on the cards.

Comment

Reckon the barrel is too long imho
                that length of barrel on a 16 tooth sector you can't even correct AoE too much
                let alone lose a tooth shortstroking or other stuff

What you could do is lose either a bearing spring guide for a std one
                or
                remove bearing or spacer behind piston if fitted

either will compress the current spring aprox 5mm less, don't alter the stroke like AoE or SS
                then you should drop down 15fps I'd say with nigh on zero outlay/hassle

you could get a new m95 or m100 but find yourself still over on that long tbb
                it is the length - a slightly shorter barrel will be lower but more money etc.....
                deffo see if you reduce the present spring's compression by either a std spring guide or remove bearing/spacer on piston

Comment

Cheers mate I'll give it a try

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sheepskate1 Find out more about sheepskate1
                  Working...
                  X