SRC gen II g/box issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC gen II g/box issue?

I purchased an SRC M4 for another player and tested it accordingly,not a lot mind but the usual semi/auto/chrono check stuff and all seemed well.Using it yesterday he reported a trigger issue,it will fire semi with a pull when semi is selected but also with a sloooow pull it will fire a 3 shot burst,not a one off either it will happily continue to do this.Not a big issue in the greater scheme but what is wrong with it...?

Re: SRC gen II g/box issue?

Hi,

Sounds like it has mosfet fitted with a 3 shot burst programmed. Nothing wrong with it matey.

Thanks

Comment

It is like a mosfet,I'll have to ask the seller..cheers.

Comment

Confirmed no mosfet,tyhe selector seems to move around very slowly during firing as well?

Comment

not much - probably just a worn trigger trolley from being forced in dead zone
          or roughly translated.....

http://i.imgur.com/vA24Y6j.jpg

see #2 - that lug, on semi the cut off lever slips under it almost straight away
          then after cycle it "pops" the trolley after one shot

I would guess the pointed lug has become worn - maybe being forced on the trigger's dead zone and so with it being worn
          the cut off lever doesn't slip under it until a full trigger pull getting the lever under what is left - pops and stops firing on semi

Something in that area has become worn and out of true or considerable slack in the trigger pull to switch trolley

As for selector moving, might have lost tension on a ball & spring that locks into one of the three positions
          might be able to tighten it up a little from inside receiver if it has come a little loose

Nothing too major - selector problems on AK's can be worse often having to flick from full to semi & back again to engage 101%
          poxy AK fire select linkage system

I'd get a new switch but worry only when she craps out on you - not before
          a little qwirky but most guns has minor flaws
          unless it drives you nutz or gets worse then contact seller but tbh unless you paid top dollar for a SRC (hopefully not),
          it isn't a major flaw imho - but I don't have the gun to test to say for sure just exactly how bad it is but sounds alright to me
          just pull the trigger rather that slowly squeeze it - but don't let go too quickly and have a dead trigger on semi then force it coz reckon that might be how it came about - or certainly didn't help

Comment

If you are going to have the box out i would also suggest a FET with these. In my experience from doing repairs where these guns get used routinely, they are particularly bad for switch burn out and the main reason seems to be down to the motor. Despite the nice strong Neo magnets, they are poor performers and seem to pull a lot of amps at not just startup but running too and without the performance to match the draw. In addition to preventing the mechanical switch from future burnout, the FET would cost you very little and will boost all round electrical efficiency, however long term I would suggest also look to replacing the motor (or at least the armature inside).
            Last edited by sj_asc; 9 May, 2016, 14:50.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks for the very informative replies..I won't be splitting it he can use it as it is ..as said it's not a biggy..or he can get the local shop to do it..TBH you can only notice it if you squeeze the trigger slowly on semi...

- - - Updated - - -

No a lot paid and an issue I believe the seller would of been unaware of..
              Last edited by snuff; 9 May, 2016, 19:25. Reason: spelin

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snuff Find out more about snuff
              Working...
              X