M4 firing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M4 firing problems

I ran into a similar problem but with standard type hop units. My bitsa m4 used to work with a stock g&g hop unit then discovered a no compression issue having sat for 6 months. After lots of disassembling the gearbox thinking it was a piston head or spring problem, turned out the nozzle wasn't sitting forward enough. Ended up measuring every single m4 nozzle I had in the bits box and they're all slightly different lengths. Swapped in the longest one I could and threw in a king arms hop unit and everything back to normal. Really wish they made everything to the same tolerances then it'd be so much easier.

Comment

A little update for anyone who might be interested or suffering a similar problem in the future:

So I gave in, nothing I did made it work. Took it to a repair shop and left it with them. They phoned me back a day later "why is this even here, its working perfectly?" - bloody typical!

Had a chat with them about all the problems it had been having, they kindly agreed to open it up and have a look for free and see if they could fit the ProWin and get it working. They did some voodoo black magic and it now works perfectly, with the ProWin installed and once again putting BBs into orbit around the moon!

The problem they found? The piston was worn. That was it. Somehow a slightly worn piston was causing all this headache...

Comment

Glad to hear that it is working. Are you now going to try Rockets in it again.

Being a pedant, I should point out that your AEG never did,and never will, fire; it shoots.

Comment

Don't you just hate it when that happens! I have to admire your perseverance & the taming of the natural desire to smash it into the nearest wall.
          Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
            Glad to hear that it is working. Are you now going to try Rockets in it again

Part of me wants to... just to see what happens. Im a glutton for punishment. But no. Never. Not after all this fuckery!

Comment

That just makes me want to freak. Just purchased 4000 .25 rockets.
              Had heard really good reviews. Are they not all that good after all?

Comment

ghostwalker, I have been through tens of thousands of them without any problems.

Comment

Glad to hear it. Was a moment of panic there lol

Comment

They work in my pistol and MP5 fine, and my mates RPK.... just my M4 they hate for some reason :P

Comment

your gun didn't need a tech...

it needed a priest - it was f*cking possessed

Comment

Hey man this has made for an interesting read as I am now having the same problem with my G&P M16 with Prowin hop, worked great to start with a good 70/80m range and now has stopped performing so well. Strangely when I fire on single I get considerable less range (about (30m) but I stick it on Full-auto and I'm getting better range BUT not as good as when I first had it. Very frustrating as I've tried looking for a reason why. I haven't made any changes to the position of the Prowin relative to the nozzle or made any changes to the tappet or nozzle. Did you get to see what kind of damage was done to the piston? I'll have a look at mine but would be grateful if you could tell me how slight damage I should be looking for.

Comment

That sounds like an even stranger problem as its only happening on single shot... hm.

As for my piston, they gave it back to me - it had worn down all the teeth on the left side of the piston by about 50-75%, but how this had any effect on my hop unit I have no idea. In all honesty Im not sure if this even *was* the problem, or it just happened that when they put the gun back together they have some magic trick that makes everything sit perfectly.

The only modification I did to the tappet plate was sanding it down slightly, its still in there they didnt replace the tappet.

Comment

Yeah I'm going to try changing the piston (and piston head and cylinder) as I see one tiny little flaw on the first tooth, if that doesn't do the job I'm going to save myself the agro and have it seen by a tech. But yes very weird that I have such a significant performance loss in single shot.

Comment

The flaws were pretty obvious on mine, every single tooth was worn down on the left side. It looked almost as if someone had cut half the tooth off in the middle.

Its worth a go trying a new one I suppose but Im not convinced! Good luck with it, pain in the ass these things

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                              Working...
                              X