Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

MK12 Range - To flat hop or to not flat hop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK12 Range - To flat hop or to not flat hop?

Hi All,

To cut a long story short, I've just recently completed a MK12 build and after taking it out to my local game site this past weekend, I was a little disappointed with the range and accuracy (people with stubby M4s were out ranging me).

After combing through the internet to find solutions to increase both range and accuracy, a theme soon delevoped in the form of people suggesting that R hop/flat hopping my G&P Mk12 is the only was to go.

In the interests of both speed and time, I'd much rather buy both a 'smooth' bucking and flat nub than do it myself.

I've seen the Laylax (Prometheus) flat nub and hop for sale but I'm wondering if they're any good?

On a more wider point, has anyone got any experience with flat hopping? Is it any good, does it work?

Thanks

Re: MK12 Range - To flat hop or to not flat hop?

It's probably the best currently out there for off the shelf nub free rubbers, I've done it myself and sub 350 fps using 0.25 bbs easily getting 75 meters
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
      It's probably the best currently out there for off the shelf nub free rubbers, I've done it myself and sub 350 fps using 0.25 bbs easily getting 75 meters
      These the Prommy Blues?
      The clown has no penis

Comment

I use micromesh pads to sand down g&g green bucking and make a custom Nub from a firm eraser

Comment

Originally posted by JFSebastien View Post
          I use micromesh pads to sand down g&g green bucking and make a custom Nub from a firm eraser
          I've sanded down Prommy purples for a while and a few G&G greens, not attempted a home made nub yet though just been using the prommy flat nubs.

I've seen the blue prommy buckings, I had one come with a barrel and it seems bit meh
          The clown has no penis

Comment

The Blue buckings were a bit of a flop from Promy, one of the very few bad things that this super high end companies sell. The lips were too long and soft which can cause feeding and sealing issues. The purple bucking still their best bucking although as said you have to remove the inner hop sector for both flat and r-hopping.
            Last edited by sj_asc; 12 May, 2016, 16:41. Reason: edit, posted from a phone
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TbK167v_8Pg

Comment

Originally posted by Hef legend View Post
                These the Prommy Blues?
                Tbh I have never used a nub free one, I just assumed as it was prommy it was regarded as one of the best, personally I have used Tm standard rubbers which I have sanded the nub,and pink erasure pads on flattened hop arms, and other rubbers using HS armouries M nubs

Comment

Sparrow - how do you rate the proper M Nubs vs Eraser? Worth the 9 quid in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by JFSebastien View Post
                    Sparrow - how do you rate the proper M Nubs vs Eraser? Worth the 9 quid in your opinion?
                    It's worth it only because you know that it's the right size and cut perfectly with self adhesive
                    The pink eraser works fine, it's just that it's not easy to cut it accurately and to adjust it's size to fit and then glue it, after a few attempts it gets easier

Comment

Try one of those old school razor blades. You can get them in the supermarket. Very thin, straight edge. If you wrap one edge safely you can push down vertically and get a clean cut. Found it easier than scalpel blades anyway.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

obious Find out more about obious
                      Working...
                      X