Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selector Plate

Hi All,

I had a problem with my selector plate for my MP5 (little plastic bit that you locate the spring into was broken). Bought a new one from here. When i searched for MP5 selector plate, the pictures look nothing like mine, however the picture on the GR25 selector plate on the website was mine. So i Bought that one. When it arrived, its not anything like mine. But looking at the you tube videos it seems like its a standard V2 gearbox, so question is, should I be able to use the GR25 one that got delivered?

Re: Selector Plate

No you need an mp5 selector plate

- - - Updated - - -

However I've just Google a picture of g&g gr25 and it looks like an mp5 selector plate

- - - Updated - - -

It does look like one,but on closer inspection it's a little bit different, and a little bit difference will mean that you will have problems with it
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
      No you need an mp5 selector plate

- - - Updated - - -

However I've just Google a picture of g&g gr25 and it looks like an mp5 selector plate

- - - Updated - - -

It does look like one,but on closer inspection it's a little bit different, and a little bit difference will mean that you will have problems with it
      The issue is :-

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8533

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8969

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2895

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2885

These are the 4 that come up for MP5.....none of them look like mine

This is the one that looks like mine

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6521

but whats delivered look like this one

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8533

So am very confused.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20160521_181739671.jpg

Top one is mine, bottom one is what arrived when i bought

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6521

Comment

First off its all very well and good telling us its an MP5 but who made your MP5? G&G, ICS, Systema ?????

Comment

my money is on SRC MP5:

src.jpg

google up SRC MP5 Selector Plate and seek out a dealer that might stock one
          Think Z1 have screwed up with pic, dunno what gun or earlier revision but seems mainly to be the type you was sent is a GR25 plate
          the arch is set further back as it is a M4 v2 type plate

now this is where is gets REALLY confusing about different G&G pics....

the G&G pic or plate you see is not a GR25 plate but a PM-5 plate pic
          but even googling the G&G plate: G-15-007
          or (soz mods but highlighting confusion)
          http://airsoftzone.co.uk/selector-pl...mp5-series-gng

but other places show up different pics using same part number

now if you could perhaps source a pm-5 type selector it might - I say MIGHT work with some modification
          But you are better off trying to source a SRC plate if your gun is SRC which I have a hunch it could be

or finally see if you can glue/tap a small pin or something to repair the old plate
          but yeah what a ball-ache with different plates and confusing pics
          see if Z1 can exchange the plate for a similar pm-5 type plate perhaps
          best of luck sir
          Last edited by Sitting Duck; 22 May, 2016, 05:18.

Comment

Never go by the picture. A lot of places just put a generic picture up for illustration purposes but send the correct one when ordered by make and model

Sent from my B3-A20 using Tapatalk
            "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Yes, you are correct. Its an SRC. Normally when a place uses stock photos they state its stock photo, and its the same photo on every selector plate. With each plate having a different photo on Z1, it suggested to me it was of actual plate. Would be great if i could swap it out, but at only £8 im not going bust a nut over it, i just need to know which one i need to buy :-S. Do i assume as mine is SRC that none of the ones for sale on Z1 are going to be right as they are for diff manufacturers?

Thanks

Comment

I'd be inclined to get a thick needle heat it up and push it into the plastic, if it sticks job done otherwise take it out add a blob of super glue stick it in and trim it to size

Comment

im not big on bodging, prefer to do things properly

Comment

Originally posted by Nivenj View Post
                    im not big on bodging, prefer to do things properly
                    Well most TM compatible aftermarket stuff often will need a little mod/bodge/adjustment to fit in other not so TM compatible boxes
                    good glue - maybe epoxy/JB Weld is often used or where sorbo/neoprene pads are concerned just superglue

so either options listed need to be looked into - the old one is busted so you have nothing to lose
                    if jamming a small pin in there don't hold
                    then you might be able to cut with bare hacksaw blade, small slit and properly JB say a 1 to 1.5mm wire - say a piece of old lighting cable
                    (not flex multistrand but talking about the wiring inside lighting circuit eg: 1.0mm/1.5mm twin wire earth stuff or something like that)
                    cut a slit carefully, epoxy in some sort of thin metal pin, leave for 24hrs covered in JB, carefully file off excess - should hold ok
                    I mean it is just a thin old plastic toothpick pin that really just retained or held the cut-off lever spring in place
                    so hardly gotta be ultra strong, just remain in position

yes could source the original part or a similar plate with a minor mod but depends what you can get easily
                    so might have to look into a repair/salvage option
                    Last edited by Sitting Duck; 22 May, 2016, 13:35. Reason: don't know my cutoff lever from my AR or ar$e/elbow

Comment

Unfortuneatly, and without exageration, if i was to do something like that id end up having the pin drop out, go into the gearbox, short the battery, cause a spark and set fire to the house ;-) (ok maybe a little bit of exageration). But in seriousness i'm useless with that sort of thing. Ive destroyed more than ive fixed so just like to replace parts like for like.

Hopefully Someone for Z1 can sort me out when they get back to work tomorrow.

Comment

And my very first gearbox worked flawlessy....
                        Flawlessly CRAP more like...

Making mistakes or things worse and learning from them is how we attain wisdom
                        which pi$$es all over knowledge the same as Einstein said imagination is more important than knowledge

You have nothing to lose - heck lay a piece of paper down, bit of glue n crap everywhere - even if plate sticks to paper
                        rip off the worst and sand off rest - it is only paper n stuff to remove easily, carefully file away any excess glue so plate moves in guides etc...
                        nowt to lose and heck could work out ok
                        Seen more involved Blue Peter projects with sticky back plastic & washing up bottles etc....

a set of small files, sandpaper n other stuff will often be needed to remove any rough burrs from any high quality precision aftermarket parts
                        Correcting AoE & numerous other small tweaks n stuff
                        Think that is a bit difficult and time consuming...
                        hairline trigger mod
                        getting a bastid m170 spring into a dsg on your own
                        getting a gun to run great then find you got nozzle/hop feed problems
                        spend ages shimming a box only to find the gearset/pinion just schreech no matter what you try then realised you should of used a better set to begin with
                        or after all your hard work sweat & turmoil your super duper build destructs within half a day or less coz the weakest part you "thought" would be ok fails miserably and you don't know if you should laugh/cry or just launch the poxy toy gun as far as you can throw the damn thing

I'm still learning by doing, hopefully they are getting better & better but trust me my first few attempts uhm ergh they didn't go well at all is all I'll say

Comment

Originally posted by Nivenj View Post
                          Unfortuneatly, and without exageration, if i was to do something like that id end up having the pin drop out, go into the gearbox, short the battery, cause a spark and set fire to the house ;-) (ok maybe a little bit of exageration). But in seriousness i'm useless with that sort of thing. Ive destroyed more than ive fixed so just like to replace parts like for like.

Hopefully Someone for Z1 can sort me out when they get back to work tomorrow.
                          ok,stick it in an envelope with a stamped address envelope and post it to me, pm me for my address if you are interested

Comment

Wow what a great offer....

think he means just the plate, not a 4ft industrial jiffy bag with the whole gun inside arriving on his doorstep
                            (just making it clear so no misunderstandings can take place :D)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nivenj Find out more about Nivenj
                            Working...
                            X