Area amoeba am-009 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area amoeba am-009 help

Hi, I have a area amoeba am-009, I Have had it for quite a few months now. At the last game I was at the gun started making a squeaky noise when fired, when I took the motor out it had metal filings at the base of the motor shaft, I adjusted the motor hight but no sound change. I will be taking it apart hopefully tonight to see if the gears are part stripped, I have been running the gun off 7.4v 1300mAH lipos.

I have an old Src gen 2 m4 (sport line) which was my first gun, would the gears from this be ok to put in the amoeba if needed or are they not good quality?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, alex

Re: Area amoeba am-009 help

when you say metal filings - if they look bronzey or copper colour than is the motor's communator not the gears

the squeak/screech could be motor height/shimming or pinion/bevel wear, it don't take much to chew up either if out of whack and screaming like a dying cat

But above all - DO NOT THINK OF USING SRC GEARS !!!!
    think they offer little more durability than a set of poxy plastic gears, they are not ferrous or magnetic but made of a similar material used in Dairy Lea Triangles

if you need to replace a set of gears then a popular decent aftermarket set of gears is SHS, they have had some dodgy batches in the past but recent sets gen 4 are much improved and even the gen 3 sets numerous people have reported them being fine

The SRC set is a weird cheap sort of pot or alloy based metal which isn't as robust as treated quality hardened steel
    That is bad enough but also the sector gear's teeth to spur is quite narrow allowing very little teeth width to contact each other
    under stress I have the sector crunch itself to death twice now from this poorly designed & built sector that the best place for an SRC gear set is the bin

So no - you do not want to even think of using or bothering to open up that SRC box with its Dairy Lea stock gears

Comment

You need an area sector gear as they are magnetise. Going from experience I would suggest when you open it you will find the bushings on one side of the gearbox are knackered.

Comment

Thanks for the replys, that's fine I can finally destroy the Src and get rid of it. I will open the amoeba tonight if I have time and see what is wrong. So it has to be an ares selector gear then?

Comment

The sector gear, the one that engages the piston is magnetised for the electric trigger. I rebuilt one recently and replaced the other 2 with gen 4 shs. The piston is good but I changed the air nozzle while I was there

Comment

oops forgot about the magnets in sector gear - my bad

but you could go mental using a shs 18:1 or 16:1 bevel/spur set and then a shs DSG sector adding in magnets easily into the DSG sector:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbXJn_lzA2E

it can be done adding neodym/rare earth magnets - just a question of how far you wish to go like most stuff
            but DSG's especially place an enormous stress on things and really for the experienced tech's seeking crazy response etc....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alex_7753 Find out more about Alex_7753
            Working...
            X