Marui G36c trigger click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marui G36c trigger click

I recently took apart my Marui G36c for the first time to fix a jam, and put it back together with no issues (or so I assumed). When I took it out to test, it seemed to be working as good as new with no misfires. Problem solved, until after about half a magazine the trigger made a clicking noise and would no longer fire. I've never heard the trigger do this before. The noise is definitely from the trigger area because you can feel it clicking also. I removed the battery and tested the trigger, and it still does it.

Is it possible that something was simply misaligned when I reassembled the rifle? What are other possibilities - something broken/needing replaced? Keep in mind the problem is still there when the battery is not connected.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Marui G36c trigger click

Try a few bursts on full auto to see if this resolves the problem. If the sector gear stalls on cam then the cut off lever can remain partially lifted, if you pull the trigger when it is in this state, the switch block will travel until it meets the small ramp on the cutoff and then lift off the trigger latch to reset before it meets the contacts.

When you select full auto, the selector plate physically lifts the cut off lever away from operation, so you will be able to cycle the gear into another position by pulling the trigger on full auto.
    If a few blasts don't reset it, then check to see that the lever is able to reset correctly, screw not too tight or spring in tact, something else obstructing the movement?

Other than this, unless I'm misunderstanding the click sound that you are hearing and you may be instead hearing the sound of a motor that is trying to turn but the geartrain is locked.

If you can link to a short video then will help identify it.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Re: Marui G36c trigger click

Tried full auto and it has solved the issue. Only reason I didn't try it earlier was because I didn't want to risk causing damage by continuing to pull the trigger before knowing what the problem was. So thanks for that!

This has never happened before with this gun, so what potentially caused it? Like I said, this was after me disassembling and reassembling it for the first time so my guess was that something was off when I put it back together. Should I expect this problem to reoccur before I change something?

Thanks again.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

herperderper Find out more about herperderper
      Working...
      X