ICS M4 upper gear box upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 upper gear box upgrade?

After opening my upper gear box today to fit my new spring and guide it soon became clear i need a new everything else. As its for an ICS my question is what parts would you guys advise I use?

I dont want to spend loads of cash but i want something that will last....

Also need some new screws that hold the gear box together so if you have some let me know...

Cheers
    sigpic
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Re: ICS M4 upper gear box upgrade?

I think the ICS Upper gearbox parts are compatible with every other part; might be wrong though as I'm no longer in ownership of my ICS.

For the piston, go for TM - you'll get a spring and piston head in the package, so can be used in anything you want. But keep them all as one and you get 280fps.
    If you don't want a TM Piston, there was a whole thread about recommended pistons.

For the cylinder - any will do as there isn't much difference between the brands.

I always go for a metal cylinder head and air seal nozzle if possible, but the ICS ASN might be a bit different.

For the spring, well you're sorted!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Well I have just bought the following

g&p piston with dampened piston head & cylinder head as well as a systema cylinder, that added to my systema 1j spring & Prometheous spring guide should sort out the top.

So thats the upper sorted. Im now to scared to open the lower gear box but as im doing a complete rewire I am going to have to...

Any tips on lower gear box parts to look out for?
      sigpic
      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

i'd look to keep it standard to be honest. I'd check the shimming and maybe re-grease if it needs it but apart from that leave it as is. The gears are solid and that's all you need.
        Check the motor height adjustment too i would.

My brand new upper box, from Zero One however is a different matter. Piston self destructed, metal tooth snapped off within 500 rounds, and has done a number on the piston head, cylinder head and cylinder.
        They have been good as gold in the past for customer service though so here's hoping.

Smiffy
        G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

knarf3 Find out more about knarf3
        Working...
        X